That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

2 minutes ago, Tauren Warlock said:

Coco might have a Zootopia like run. The WOM is on another level.

I don't see it at all .... During Zootopia run, my kids and their friends around the neighborhood were talking about it ...

Coco is out and I don't even hear a bleep from any of them ....  I think this cater towards more Mex/Span demo. It will do quite well but I doubt if it hit more than 170m.

• Like 1

Just now, Subzero said:

I don't see it at all .... During Zootopia run, my kids and their friends around the neighborhood were talking about it ...

Coco is out and I don't even hear a bleep from any of them ....  I think this cater towards more Mex/Span demo. It will do quite well but I doubt if it hit more than 170m.

Wut.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Subzero said:

From the early looks, it seems it should cross $200M.

2 minutes ago, Subzero said:

I think it caters to adults...tons of posts I've seen said kids gets itchy in the last 20 minutes and it's long for them...but parents love it...

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

From the early looks, it seems it should cross $200M.

You have to remember this whole week/weekend Is a holiday .... next week it will drop more than normal and will be like any other after that.

You have to remember this whole week/weekend Is a holiday .... next week it will drop more than normal and will be like any other after that.

Look at Frozen and Moana. Again a $65M-$70M five day at least puts in it the $190M-$220M range. And that $190M is absolute worse case scenario.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Moana's multi from its projected OW gets it over 200M I believe.  It's happening unless it has abnormally awful legs.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 2

Just now, That One Guy said:

Moana's multi gets it over 200M.  It's happening unless it has abnormally awful legs.

I think since this cater to a certain demo therefore it's more frontloaded than Moana .... but will see.

5 minutes ago, Subzero said:

Sometimes there's a disconnect between that and actual gross, at least domestically, it is not always consistent. 

I don't think a lot of kids talked about Inside out either, didn't stop it from out-grossing Zootopia domestically.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Subzero said:

I think since this cater to a certain demo therefore it's more frontloaded than Moana .... but will see.

Even if it pulls a TGD, it gets a $190M Domestic gross with a $65M five day and the same multiplier.

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I think it caters to adults...tons of posts I've seen said kids gets itchy in the last 20 minutes and it's long for them...but parents love it...

Exactly. Wonder and Coco, from what I am seeing, are movies that parents bring their kids to watch. JL on the other hand, is a movie that kids want to watch on their own.