That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

5 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Yup, I liked it too. It's not the most memorable Pixar film, but I liked the message and the character of Cruz. 

Agreed. Definitely best Cars movie though.

• Like 1

That didn't stop the Fast and Furious franchise. Fast Five was coming after three maligned sequels, the last two of them from the same exact director. Opened to $95 million adjusted, more than Justice League, and a record for the series.

Gal Gadot saves another franchise.

45 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

That didn't stop the Fast and Furious franchise. Fast Five was coming after three maligned sequels, the last two of them from the same exact director. Opened to $95 million adjusted, more than Justice League, and a record for the series.

That may be, but Fast Five wasn't directed by 2 directors, didn't have a 300 million budget and didn't get 41% on RT. Reviews obviously helped the movie. So, there's that. 

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

That may be, but Fast Five wasn't directed by 2 directors, didn't have a 300 million budget and didn't get 41% on RT. Reviews obviously helped the movie. So, there's that. 

DCEU isnt going anywhere no studio in their right mind would cancel a franchise that brought in 3.4 billion for them in ticket sales alone from movies with a combined budget of 800 million.

phase 2 have always been with solo movies first and then likely lead up to JL 2. This is actually the MCU way too.

I think Ben will leave and that will be the only one of them. Rest they are keeping.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mredman said:

DCEU isnt going anywhere no studio in their right mind would cancel a franchise that brought in 3.4 billion for them in ticket sales alone from movies with a combined budget of 800 million.

phase 2 have always been with solo movies first and then likely lead up to JL 2. This is actually the MCU way too.

I think Ben will leave and that will be the only one of them. Rest they are keeping.

Oh no, obviously they won't cancel the universe. However, they will and they should focus on solo adventures for now.

I think it's gonna be great seeing Shazam, Aquaman, Wonder Woman 2 and so on. 

21 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Possibly (the first is still pretty good). Storywise it's the easily the best of the three. 

27 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Agreed. Definitely best Cars movie though.

This is a bit off topic, but now that you are talking about Cars franchise ... and since we all know Cars 2 and Cars 3 were made basically for merchandise-purposes ... is there any site where you can look up other-than-boxoffice-incomes. I mean, how much each movie makes selling dvd, blu ray, and general merchandise...?

I know The Numbers.com, where you can check on dvd and blu-ray sales.

For example, I remember reading somewhere that Cars made some absurdly $3B in merchandise. And Cars 2 made "only" $1,6B in merchandise. Is there any site where to check on that side of the film industry? I'm curious about knowing how much Disney makes selling StarWars or Marvel toys, for example. Or Pixar/WDA movies. Like, The Good Dinosaur was a boxoffice flop ... but maybe merchandise made it up for the film.

7 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Oh no, obviously they won't cancel the universe. However, they will and they should focus on solo adventures for now.

I think it's gonna be great seeing Shazam, Aquaman, Wonder Woman 2 and so on. 

i agree and we know solos and sequels will have less budget probably 120-180 million. More safe for profit and when do you think we will finally see the long awaited Superman sequel with Cavill and Adams. Now that he is really become SUPERMAN in JL ? 2019-2020

• Like 2