That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

11 minutes ago, Gopher said:

WB has to be kicking itself for putting out JL when they did. The kids they would want are going to Wonder and Coco (both of which are getting a better reception than their own studios dreamed of). The adults they would want are going to see real, legitimate movies. And the people who want a good superhero movie are stiil going to Ragnarok  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I imagine that whoever decided to give Zack Snyder all of these gigs no longer works at the studio.

Even with the higher Tuesday jumps against last year that number looks terrible for JL.

I'm still convinced Coco will end up holding better than Moana over the 5-day despite having a slightly more frontloaded OD. The buzz was really big for Moana, it was seen as kind of a follow-up to Frozen.

8 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

If JL had the opening weekend of let’s say 150 and it earns a 2.5x then JL could’ve grossed 375 dom.

If you give it the same dom/O.S  ratio it has now then JL WW total could’ve looked like this 1,071bil.

Initially, I thought it was a good release date but now  have come to understand it wasn’t.

Dceu films needs the summer to see their full potential and I hope WB realize this soon.

If they are gonna do a WW and JL2

movie in one year then JL2 should be its summer release.

It almost seems as if they want the films to

be front-loaded.

Not even the summer would’ve helped imo. Odds are not matter how good WW was, BVS did a lot of damage to JL, not to mention WB dropping the ball on marketing and the reviews weren’t good.

5 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

It’s not like the film is crappy it just can’t stand up to the competition that it is faced with.

Thor,Wonder,Co-Co .

I can see WB looking over Wonder but I can’t see them looking over Co-Co and Thor.

Some tried to tell me how bad this was but I didn’t listen.

Studios like that pre Thanksgiving spot a lot. WB due to past hits thought JL was good to go. 

Edited by YourMother

Had JL been moved to March and RPO not being ready, I could’ve seen something else like Dunkirk, Valerian or even Transformers take that spot. 

Actually Kong could’ve moved to November and JL would go to March, might’ve been a good idea.

Edited by YourMother

4 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Looks like WOM is gonna be out of this world, so I would expect backloading. Kinda crazy we are getting 2 huge WOM movies in a row with Wonder and Coco.

And Lady Bird, on a smaller scale. Like Manchester By The Sea, it's a niche indy movie heading towards 50 million, which is way better than expected based on size, concep, and star. Much less depressing, obviously. t

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Had JL been moved to March and RPO not being ready, I could’ve seen something else like Dunkirk, Valerian or even Transformers take that spot. 

Actually Kong could’ve moved to November and JL would go to March, might’ve been a good idea.

WB would never had seen IT do 123/328. Else they would have let JL release in early 2018 imo. JL was supposed to be their biggie. WONDR's 410+ was unprecedented too. Next year looks weak in comparison.

Edited by a2knet
  • Disbelief 1

3 hours ago, scabab said:

So is that good or bad for Justice League for Wednesday?

What will it be at by Sunday?

How about if I answer that with a riddle for you?  Maybe I'll post some pictures and as you to figure it out.  :sparta:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just realized 2019 will be the first time in a long time there will be no big tentpole scheduled for that weekend before Thanksgiving, at least as of now. 

2018: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (November 16)

2017: Justice League (November 17)

2016: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (November 18)

2015: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 (November 20)

2014: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 (November 21)

2013: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (November 22)

2012: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 (November 16)

2011: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 (November 18)

2010: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 (November 19)

2009: The Twilight Saga: New Moon (November 20)

2008: Twilight (November 21)

Some big opening weekends on those dates. WB has WONDER WOMAN 2 scheduled for November 1 since there is no other movie schedule for the first Friday in November like there has been in the recent past (2018 - X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX, 2017 - THOR: RAGNAROK, 2016 - DOCTOR STRANGE, 2015 - SPECTRE, 2014 - BIG HERO 6/INTERSTELLAR). I guess between that and the the likely juggernaut FROZEN 2 scheduled for the 5 day Thanksgiving weekend, nobody wants to put a tentpole in between.

Edited by JB33

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Not even the summer would’ve helped imo. Odds are not matter how good WW was, BVS did a lot of damage to JL, not to mention WB dropping the ball on marketing and the reviews weren’t good.

Studios like that pre Thanksgiving spot a lot. WB due to past hits thought JL was good to go. 

The Summer would’ve helped the films Legs as it is better received than BVS.

WB shot themselves im the foot as They put the film in the middle of a battle with its release date.

MThey did the same thing to BVS as well.

How many non summer Billion dollar CBM’s are there?Theres a reason why Disney keeps thier biggest tentpole in the summer and it’s not just because it’s a pretty day.

WB needs better  Strategy going forward as even a bad film can make a lot of money.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

WB would never had seen IT do 123/328. Else they would have let JL release in early 2018 imo. JL was supposed to be their biggie. WONDR's 410+ was unprecedented too. Next year looks weak in comparison.

JL should’ve had the August date and IT should’ve had a date closer to Holloween or The March date.