That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It also lost 642 theaters

This. 

Several older films further down the list had drops (Some pretty big) and it's all due to screen / theater / Showtime loss. 

That may have played a factor in JL as well come to think of it, particularly since it appears to have lost some PLF.

29 minutes ago, narniadis said:

@Christmas baumer not sure why you think most of us aren't being objective? So far there is nothing to indicate that JL is having anything other than poor wom and an increase ala MJ2 is the best case scenario now considering it' going to dip at least-25% today which puts the Friday number closer to 16m, if it increases over 100%. 

I know you like the film but I think you are letting it cloud your judgment the same way your dislike for Thor clouded your predictions there. 

I have Thor finishing with 306-310 mill. I hardly think my dislike of the movie clouded my judgement.  

There are some members here who just post to only talk negativity about Justice League. You can just like the film and talk about his performance I don't have a problem with that. But when all you do is come on here and discuss nothing about how poorly the film is doing that is what gets grating sometimes.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Christmas baumer said:

I'm just reposting this because I don't know what page they are on:

.) Coco (DIS), 3,987 theaters / $13.3M Fri. (includes $2.3M previews) / 3-day cume: $47M /5-day:$70M  Wk 1

2.) Justice League (WB), 4,051 theaters / $10.45M Wed  3-day cume: $44.1M  (-53%)/5-day:$63.6M/Total: $175.4M/ Wk 2

3.) Wonder (WB), 3,140  theaters (+44) /$6M Wed. 3-day cume: $29M / 5-day: $40.9M/Total: $78M/Wk 2

4). Thor: Ragnarok (DIS), 3,281 theaters (-779) / $4M Wed./ 3-day cume: $18M (-17%) / 5-day: $25.5M/Total cume: $278.8M / Wk 4

5.) Daddy’s Home 2 (PAR), 3,518 theaters (-57) / $2.7M Wed/ 3-day cume: $14.3M (-1%)/ 5-day: $19.2M/ Total: $73.2M/Wk 3

6.) Murder on the Orient Express (FOX), 3,214 theaters (-140)/ $2.55M Wed/ 3-day cume: $13.7M (-1%)/5-day: $18.9M/Total: $74.5M/ Wk 3

7.)The Star (SONY), 2,837 theaters / $1.64M Wed. /3-day cume: $7.35M (-25%)/ 5-day:$10.1M /Total:$22.6M/Wk 2

8). A Bad Moms Christmas (STX), 2,948 theaters (-639) /$1.07M Wed/3-day cume: $5.4M (-23%) / 5-day: $7.5M/Total cume: $60.5M / Wk 4

three-billboards-24.jpg?w=301&h=202&crop
Twentieth Century Fox

9.) Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, MO (FSL), 590 theaters (+537) / $786K Wed. / 3-day cume: $4.29M (+246%) / 5-day: $5.75M/Total: $7.5M /Wk 3

10). Lady Bird (A24), 741 theaters (+503) /$754K Wed/ 3-day cume: $3.88M (+52%)/ 5-day:$5.4M/  Total cume: $10.7M / Wk 4

11.) Roman J. Israel, Esq. (SONY),1,648 theaters (+1,644)/ $752K Wed. / 3-day cume: $3.7M /5-day: $5.2M/Total: $5.2M/Wk 2

12.) The Man Who Invented Christmas (BST), 532 theaters / $198K Wed. /3-day cume: $975K /5-day: $1.4M/ Wk 1

That's Deadline.com predictions.

37 minutes ago, Mr Impossible said:

Will Daddy’s Home 2 and Orient Express reach $100M DOM? 

Orient Express has a chance.$80-$85 maybe $90 million before Jedi. $100 million around Christmas/New Years, if not early 2018. 

Daddy’s Home 2 will get smacked next weekend, but should sneak past around New Years or early 2018. It just depends on holds.

Edited by Maxmoser3

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Warner Bros is paying the price for what they did with BVS and SS. Third time is a charm. JL is much, much better than BVS and SS, but a price has to be paid.

Yeah, bad movies can also make a ton of money ( like the Transformers movies ), but a price has to be paid. JL is "DC's The Last Knight of the series". At some point, audiences will drop it.

I really loved Justice League, though perhaps its failure is gonna send a message to WB. Let's hope they finally get it. NO Snyder, NO Snyder and NO Snyder. I like the guy, but he's very, very divisive. You can't have a divisive dude giving 3 divisive movies and expect people to flock theaters to watch them.  

WB is paying the price because those movies sucked but JL wasn't much better to make the audience forget about them and approach it as a separate entity. neither previews nor reviews were good enough to change minds. OTOH, Thor 3 previews and reviews, as well as Skyfall's, managed to overcome TDW and Quantum of Solace respectively. I remember that quite a few expected Ragnarok to drop due to TDW leaving a bad taste until the teaser dropped and wow'd everyone. After that, marketing kept hitting the jackpot every time and then reviews came and sealed the deal. Skyfall was the same - poised to drop due to shitty predecessor, but turned its fortunes around thanks to brilliant previews, reviews and Adele (lion share of success is to her credit). JL did none of that. WW managed to bypass DC's bad rep thanks to previews and reviews. So, no, shitty previous movies are not doom and gloom if the new movie has the goods and studio knows how to showcase it.  

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 9

10 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I really hope I can see Call Me by Your Name in theaters..but y'know it's rated R so I can't go alone and it seems like an awkward film to sit through with your parents to say the least.

Just do the age-old trick of buying a ticket to some movie and then walking into Call Me By Your Name.

• Like 1

Just now, MrPink said:

Just do the age-old trick of buying a ticket to some movie and then walking into Call Me By Your Name.

I don't do that unless I'm with friends cause I have a fear of getting caught alone.  And I don't think any friends will be willing to see a gay love story with me.

34 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

WB is paying the price because those movies sucked but JL wasn't much better to make the audience forget about them and approach it as a separate entity. neither previews nor reviews were good enough to change minds. OTOH, Thor 3 previews and reviews, as well as Skyfall's, managed to overcome TDW and Quantum of Solace respectively. I remember that quite a few expected Ragnarok to drop due to TDW leaving a bad taste until the teaser dropped and wow'd everyone. After that, marketing kept hitting the jackpot every time and then reviews came and sealed the deal. Skyfall was the same - poised to drop due to shitty predecessor, but turned its fortunes around thanks to brilliant previews, reviews and Adele (lion share of success is to her credit). JL did none of that. WW managed to bypass DC's bad rep thanks to previews and reviews. So, no, shitty previous movies are not doom and gloom if the new movie has the goods and studio knows how to showcase it.  

you mean these reviews :

DPQSCTxX4AANvYV.jpg:large

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 3