That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I had no idea Caleb Landry Jones was in Three Billboards until it was over and my mom said “hey wasn’t the guy from Get Out and American Made in that”

I didn't realize him in the trailer until the third time I saw it :lol: 

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I had no idea Caleb Landry Jones was in Three Billboards until it was over and my mom said “hey wasn’t the guy from Get Out and American Made in that”

Good to hear he's already becoming a "hey it's that guy" actor with the GA

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

he is.  he has a cameo as one of the aliens in the opening beach scene but went uncredited.

Do I watch the digital copy tonight? 

Spoiler

Nope! Another night.

• ...wtf 1

57 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Coco is a Disney Pixar movie to be fair. I don’t know why people are so surprised that it’s performing similarly to their other movie from the exact same time last year. 

I find Wonder’s success far more surprising. It came out of nowhere. 

Moana was the first Disney Princess film after Frozen, so there was already more pre-built hype on top of WDAS's consistent quality year after year since 2009. Coco, on the other hand, was the first Pixar film to get the Thanksgiving date since The Good Dinosaur, and was hot on the heels of Cars 3 from just a few months ago, so I think people were expecting numbers closer to those films than say, Moana. Plus, Moana was tracking about $20M higher than Coco was.

I do agree that Wonder's success is more surprising. I didn't expect it to finish at more than $30M DOM yet it's already gonna be near $80M by the end of the weekend.

i watched through the whole twin peaks season twice and i still didn't understand a single goddamn word CLJ says in his last scene with alicia witt. dude has a whole monologue where he sounds like his mouth is full of mashed potatoes. 

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1