That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

10 minutes ago, AN9815 said:

So glad 'Coco' is doing good. I can't see it until next week but the movie looks fantastic, I thought this wouldn't cross 200M DOM or 550M WW and it looks like it will do +245M DOM and +650M WW. Overall I consider 2017 a weak year for animation and 'Coco' seems to be the best option (no offense to other animated movies) , I think 2018 will be much bigger for animation with 'Incredibles 2' (+350M DOM), 'The Grinch' (+300M DOM), 'Hotel Transylvania 3' (+125M DOM) and 'Ralph 2' (+150M DOM)

Despicable Me 3 & The Boss Baby were the only 2 strong box office performers though, before Coco. Other films....yeah, they weren't too much of breakouts either....in terms of box office. Even Captain Underpants which, although had pretty good reception, quality-wise....box office wise?....it's no "The Boss Baby".

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 2

Just now, That One Guy said:

I don't know where you got that information from because no, it did 27M (32M counting re-releases)

I read it somewhere but I believe they were talking about BR2049. My bad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Actually....DM3 and The Boss Baby were the only animated films from this year, that i have seen. And.....i enjoyed them both.

Will definitely see Coco when i buy it on DVD when it comes out.

are there any movies you don’t like

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Would have liked for Coco to stay over 20m but dipping into the 19s isn't the end of the world. 

But yeah, for whatever reason the Friday of thanksgiving week always seems to be over estimated originally since the evening business does drop off some. Not always but often enough. 

Also if that 16m holds for JL..... seems like somewhere earlier in this thread I said it would be much closer to 16 than the 19m some where championing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnick said:

Didn't expect last weekend that we would be talking a 2nd weekend under fantastic beasts, that is just rough no matter how you look at it. 

And lest anyone call me a hater, I haven't seen the film and it is much better for the box office if films succeed instead of fail so I wish it was doing better. 

Not sure what more is left to say about it at this point other than it will be a money loser but by how much? 

• Like 1