That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Isn't that legal in Italy though?

17 is legal almost everywhere in the world. It’s one of the big head scratchers in America that people somehow don’t get this. In 38 US states, so the vast vast majority, the age of consent is 16 or 17. Only 12 states have 18 as the age of consent. And most of the states below 18 are actually 16.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I will say that Timothee Chalamet needs to gain some weight based on every still from CMBYN I've seen. Dude is t h i n .

As someone with basically the same build I protest. We really thin guys can use some representation, especially if it consists of this guy getting it on with both Armie Hammer and Saoirse Ronan in different movies

• Like 4
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

SPC is terrible at turning their movies into cross over hits. I'm not sure Call Me can even make it to $25m. 

To be fair, their only $20M+ grossers are Crouching Tiger (the run of that movie amazes to this day), a pair of Woody Allen films that were regarded among his best (movies of his that are well-regarded are rare these days in general), and two Best Picture nominees. CMBYN should have no trouble joining that company in finding an audience being a major contender.

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Disagree. Regardless of being a fan or not when a performance is his embarrassing people are going to comment 

Oh definitely. JL's an amazing trainwreck to spectate. It's just... are we just going to keep remarking our disappointment when each day's actuals are revealed all to way till the end of the movie's run? (Which paints quite an amusing picture, I'll admit). JonathnLB's reply about the time taking to sink in makes sense though; everyone different, maybe the horse ain't dead in others' eyes yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

As someone with basically the same build I protest. We really thin guys can use some representation, especially if it consists of this guy getting it on with both Armie Hammer and Saoirse Ronan in different movies

Do you even lift BRO?

1 minute ago, lielixthe said:

Oh definitely. JL's an amazing trainwreck to spectate. It's just... are we just going to keep remarking our disappointment when each day's actuals are revealed all to way till the end of the movie's run? (Which paints quite an amusing picture, I'll admit). JonathnLB's reply about the time taking to sink in makes sense though; everyone different, maybe the horse ain't dead in others' eyes yet.

I haven’t commented on the film daily, as far as each day, I don’t know or follow as well where it should be or where it is or whatever. I really don’t care. Like you said basically, game was over after opening weekend. It could have had an amazing 3.5 multiple from there and it would have saved it from losing money but not been altogether very impressive. I wasn’t going to be impressed if a movie WITH Wonder Woman can’t beat a movie with ONLY Wonder Woman Lol.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Well, he just turned 21 this past year so I'd hope so

So weird in America you guys get to vote and legally own guns yet can't drink until you're 21. Seems mildly absurd to me.

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 1

Anything over 30 is a huge win for CMBYN. Lady Bird too, so that's already winning.

Hoping to love Chalamet like everyone else but him and Hedges are both young actors of the same praise and I thought Hedges was significantly better in Lady Bird. The whole movie is just fantastic though.

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Anything over 30 is a huge win for CMBYN. Lady Bird too, so that's already winning.

Hoping to love Chalamet like everyone else but him and Hedges are both young actors of the same praise and I thought Hedges was significantly better in Lady Bird. The whole movie is just fantastic though.

the only like extensive role i've seen chalamet in is his little arc on Homeland and he sucked in it. maybe he's gotten better idk that was five years ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Do you even lift BRO?

My friend Jason who is a filmmaker here, we just hung out Friday, he’s 5’10” 125 speaking of thin builds. I can’t even understand (he’s 41 too lol). I am also 5’10” and when I was in high school I weighed 140 and was skin and bones. I briefly dropped to 132 freshman year. Then I started working out and I’m 180 now. I think 125 at 5’10” is about as skinny as you can get! I was literally depressed and not eating much when I hit 132 so not even sure how he went below that. Genetics I guess. Light bones?! Lol.