That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

19 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I like my men to look like men. Not hairless twigs that seem more at home in a Jumbo Pampers commercial.

The character is a 17 year old.  He is supposed to look like that and the dynamic of him vs. Armie Hammer is important.  

2 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Chalamet is going to win Best Actor for the last 3 minutes of CMBYN, right? Who else is a threat? 

He would be supporting.  Gary Oldman is going to win Best Actor and Richard Jenkins will be right there for Supporting Actor.  

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Hoping to love Chalamet like everyone else but him and Hedges are both young actors of the same praise and I thought Hedges was significantly better in Lady Bird. The whole movie is just fantastic though.

Pretty much concur with this. Hedges is one guy I'm ecstatic about 

Just now, filmlover said:

Gary Oldman is supposed to be the frontrunner. Eh.

idk. i said it before in the oscar threads that it seems everyone thinks he's gonna win just because of what a no duh that looks like on paper. doesn't feel like there's any real passion. wouldn't be surprised to see someone else sneak up.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

The character is a 17 year old.  He is supposed to look like that and the dynamic of him vs. Armie Hammer is important.  

I don't know why 17 year olds are supposed to look like pre-pubescent boys but WHATEVER. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

idk. i said it before in the oscar threads that it seems everyone thinks he's gonna win just because of what a no duh that looks like on paper. doesn't feel like there's any real passion. wouldn't be surprised to see someone else sneak up.

Who knows, maybe they'll just give it to DDL as a parting gift for his "retirement."

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Pretty much concur with this. Hedges is one guy I'm ecstatic about 

Waiting to see if he can play non teens but he's been excellent in all three big roles. Either he's just really good at playing angst teens or he's a potential generational talent.