A Marvel Fanboy

Prometheus OS thread

World Cup I could understand, but European Football Cup? Seriously? BTW I don't care about "soccer".Anyway the US is its main market by far, and it'll have Russia / China / Japan / Korea / Latin America.

It should do alright in Australia too. Edited by lab276

BOM prediction

Prometheus:Ridley Scott's quasi-prequel to Alien is a tricky one to gauge on an overseas basis. Sci-fi movies don't play quite as well as fantasy—for example, J.J. Abrams' Star Trek only earned $128 million in 2009. That being said, Alien Resurrection did $113 million fifteen years ago. Using that as a launching pad, Prometheus could be in for over $200 million. It's also important to remember that 20th Century Fox International got Rise of the Planet of the Apes to over $305 million last Summer, which is probably the high-point for Prometheus.

Forecast: $250 million

Sounds pretty much in line with what I am thinking

Check that out:

Ridley Scott’s 'Prometheus' Breaks IMAX U.K. Pre-Sales Record

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ridley-scott-prometheus-breaks-IMAX-record-320348

Scott’s movie, starring a galaxy of stars including Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, Noomi Rapace, Idris Elbaand Logan Marshall-Green, has booked 18,287 tickets in hits first full week of presales at the theater.

It translates into £293,312 ($474,687) in gross pre-sale tickets, the highest grossing week ever.

The standalone flagship IMAX theater also reported its highest grossing first day of pre-sales ever, taking £137,000 ($221,717).

The take has beaten other high-profile IMAX rollouts in the U.K. including Harry Potter And the Deathly Hallows Part 2, Avatarand The Dark Knight

IMPRESSIVE!

It's just the UK and one theater, but that it managed to already make 470.000 in ONE theater, beating HP, Avatar and TDK, this is just insane and totally unexpected, and this is for the first week of presales.I want this to be a hit and a sleeper hit!

Check that out:

Ridley Scott’s 'Prometheus' Breaks IMAX U.K. Pre-Sales Record

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ridley-scott-prometheus-breaks-IMAX-record-320348

Scott’s movie, starring a galaxy of stars including Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, Noomi Rapace, Idris Elbaand Logan Marshall-Green, has booked 18,287 tickets in hits first full week of presales at the theater.

It translates into £293,312 ($474,687) in gross pre-sale tickets, the highest grossing week ever.

The standalone flagship IMAX theater also reported its highest grossing first day of pre-sales ever, taking £137,000 ($221,717).

The take has beaten other high-profile IMAX rollouts in the U.K. including Harry Potter And the Deathly Hallows Part 2, Avatarand The Dark Knight

IMPRESSIVE!

Wow. To beat POTTER in the UK says something - it's going to be big!!

I think Prometheus will be really big OS, it has sort of an Avatar vibe. I think ever since Avatar, Sci-Fi has become a lot more popular OS, just look at Inception. I think this can do 400m OS.

Science fiction is a very wide category. Adventure or something like Inception or Fifth Element will do well OS. Anything that comes over as an American Spaceship with a military mission has a difficult possition.