Ms Lady Hawk

Tuesday #s- JL- 2.96 Forbes

From Forbes:

Justice League earned another $2.96 million at the domestic box office yesterday (a solid 41% jump from Monday), bringing its 12-day total to $176.973m in North America. I don’t have overseas updates past Sunday, but the Warner Bros./Time Warner Inc. biggie should be crossing $500m worldwide by the end of the week. This weekend is something of a do-or-die frame. If it collapses without a holiday buffer, that’s bad, but if it hangs in there without any significant new releases, then that’s noticeably less bad.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, mredman said:

what does he mean here ?

He is an insufferable idiot. I go to him for the early numbers. Before JL came out, he pretty much said that he hoped it failed so that it wouldn’t beat WW. He wanted the year’s top three to be female led movies. Then when it came out, he said the movie was not a good

movie, but that it was fun. Then when they movie performed well below expectations, he blamed it on how Rotten Tomatoes treated it and wrote that his review was mixed positive. Since when is saying a movie was not good a positive or even mixed review? He is one of the critics who helped tarnish the movie. And he is entitled to his opinion. But he should at least own it! Stop the wafffling. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Justice League was already boring to track. Now it's solidly in the rearview with IW trailer and SW:TLJ that much closer.

Sad state of affairs for Warners/DC, I didn't think it could get this bad...ever really. It's not that bad of a film, it just never recovered from early critic bashing and social media pile on. 

54 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Moana jumped 36% last year on 1st Tuesday. Considering Dic Tue have gottne stronger I think Coco should do at least 40% and maybe 45% could happen.

Leapfrogging Moana is an interesting path for Coco. I wonder if the Wednesday drop will be smaller, just based on WOM.

Good jump for JL. Just like last week. 

Last year FB jumped 36-37% each of its first 2 weeks and the BO for those days jumped about 37%, so this jump should be expected since it jumped 41% last week as well (as did overall BO).

I would expect a similar jump for most of the movies today.

Also as advance warning, the Tuesday jumps in December are even higher.