aabattery

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - Coco 26.11M, JL 16.58M, Wonder 12.5M, T:R 9.65M, MOTOE 6.7M, LB 4.54M, 3BOEM 4.53M, TDA 1.22M

17 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Not only was it annoying moviegoers, but it was probably doing damage to the Frozen brand 

Except theaters cant just "remove" it. It's literally part of the file.  They will have to ingest the standalone version and do it all over again. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

Oh god ofcourse. Can't find a better example. If Minions (2015) didn't exist I would have watched DM3.

People still can't seem to get enough of them overseas though, judging by DM3's terrific gross internationally. Ice Age franchise eventually faltered despite being huge overseas, so I think the same could happen to the Minions within the next few films. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

People still can't seem to get enough of them overseas though, judging by DM3's terrific gross internationally. Ice Age franchise eventually faltered despite being huge overseas, so I think the same could happen to the Minions within the next few films. 

I never understood the love for these creatures, they're so ugly and dumb!

• Like 1

Shorts should be added after the movie, so not only can you continue marketing them like before, but those who don't want to watch it can leave. They can interfere with the emotional impact of the movie's climax possibly but one can add them after the credits. It also then feels like getting something extra for the price of one ticket.

Edited by a2knet

10 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

We got the trailer for it in front of Coco, and all I can think throughout the entirety of it, was yeah, no thanks. Pass! 

I had Ferdinand followed by Sherlock Gnomes. I was cringing through the fart jokes in both trailers. Not one laugh in the theater for both trailers. 

4 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I had Ferdinand followed by Sherlock Gnomes. I was cringing through the fart jokes in both trailers. Not one laugh in the theater for both trailers. 

Both films look like movies that'll appeal only to young children. I still can't believe they made a Gnomeo & Juliet sequel seven years after anyone stopped caring about that film, if they cared at all. A wee bit too late!

Edited by Fancyarcher

I also was unlucky enough to get both of those trailers before my Coco showing.sadben.png

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

Shorts should be added after the movie, so not only can you continue marketing them like before, but those who don't want to watch it can leave. They can interfere with the emotional impact of the movie's climax possibly but one can add them after the credits. It also then feels like getting something extra for the price of one ticket.

I feel like this is a knee-jerk reaction to a very special case. No one has had a real issue with short films being attached to movies at the beginning up until now. The length was the big problem.  

Plus, as a moviegoer I'd prefer to avoid the potential conflict that might result from the people I'm with wanting to leave while I want to stay for the short.

Edited by tribefan695