aabattery

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - Coco 26.11M, JL 16.58M, Wonder 12.5M, T:R 9.65M, MOTOE 6.7M, LB 4.54M, 3BOEM 4.53M, TDA 1.22M

Just now, EmpireCity said:

It is going to hit the floor very hard after next week and is going to shed a whole bunch of theaters on 12/14.  It might not make $230m

Yep. The best it can hope for is a drop in the low-40s next weekend, but even that is pushing it; I'm expecting another drop in the 50s.

Just now, EmpireCity said:

It is going to hit the floor very hard after next week and is going to shed a whole bunch of theaters on 12/14.  It might not make $230m

MJ2 which faced SW7 in the same way, added 2.8x the 3rd weekend more to it's cume. JL would need 2.0x more (32-33) to hit 230 dom. Do you think if will fall that hard?

18 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Leo was 23 at the time and has come a long way since. Which is why he's the biggest movie star in the world. OTOH, some stars never grow out of childish diva phase and disappear as a result. Look what happened to Shia.

Behavior changes, personality doesn't. That's who he is. 

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Well it didn’t fall as much as Mockingjay 2 did 3rd weekend, if it gets the same multiple from this weekend that film had, it would be $245m+. 

That film also lost 1000 cinemas when Force Awakens opened (no doubt much bigger than Last Jedi). 

Lol you guys crack me up. The horrible lust story, 2D antagonist, stereotypical rich people, and just bad dialogue do not a perfect film make. Titanic blows. 

This is the exact description of Rogue One that you consider a masterpiece. :hahaha::rofl:. I see you are still butthut that RO couldn't come even close to Titanic despite inflation, 3D and IMAX premium, China market expansion (it bombed like a little bitch there) and SW brand name. I also noticed that you have negative bias against "girly" (romance, songs) movies (Titanic, Frozen, BatB). Like, you keep going on and on how RO "obliterated" BatB domestically even though 28M is hardly "obliteration" while you act like BatB actually obliterating RO overseas (235M is a legit obliteration) is no big deal cause who cares about OS markets, right? So much salt. can't wait for the next "girly" flick to kick RO's ass. :)

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Under Doctor Strange then.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yep. The best it can hope for is a drop in the low-40s next weekend, but even that is pushing it; I'm expecting another drop in the 50s.

Why? Nothing opens next weekend.