aabattery

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - Coco 26.11M, JL 16.58M, Wonder 12.5M, T:R 9.65M, MOTOE 6.7M, LB 4.54M, 3BOEM 4.53M, TDA 1.22M

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Just remember as popular as Heart Will Go On Was.

It was sung by Celine Dion from Canada so its like seared into the minds of Any Canadian who is over 25 lol (they played it nonstop for like a year straight on the radio) 

:whosad:

It was the same in the US.  You couldn't get away from that song (I like it...screw the haters).  Titanic owned popular culture that year in ways we probably won't see again.

That scene with the musicians saying goodbye to each other is still powerful.   Loved the movie despite Leo's acting.

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Someone on here really needs to give James Tommy a call :hahaha: 

That's marketing coolness on the same level as Deadpool.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Daddy’s Home 2, King Arthur, Ghost in the Shell, and xXx 3 > Thor: Ragnarok

I can’t imagine the willpower I’d have to have to craft a lie this bold.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Last Panda said:

That doesn't even touch on possible hits like

Hellboy

Gambit

LEGO 2

HTTYD3

New Jordan Peele

Godzilla 2

Dumbo

A DC Film

Flarsky

Men in Black/Jump Street Crossover

Minecraft?

Top Gun

Artemis Fowl

Fast Franchise Entry

Nicole

It is sad how few original blockbuster attempts there are though.  

I'm sure I'll like quite a few of these films, but franchises pretty much rule Hollywood these days. I wish I was surprised. 

18 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

No automatic alt text available.

2nd highest film of all time, the only "surviving" film in all time ranks from 1990s in top 30

Image may contain: text

Most nomination and most win by a single film in oscar history

jamescameron.jpg

That 2 reasons alone prove how trash are you....

20fewo.gif

Like to see how those titanic's achievement annoyed you because you have nothing to threaten titanic with!! and unpopular opinion are totally out of place and irrelevant! The way you called titanic as trash is like the shit calling gold trash!!

tenor.gif?itemid=5599577

One day if you were on your life support I will plug it out and charge my phone for playing BOT!!!  

Yeah, well titanic is still trash. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I apologize.

But Geostorm came to mind as a film that a lot of people don’t like that I really liked so I had to include it on there sorry!

Geostorm???

You're completely insane! WTF! Shittiest movie, even more than Valerian (way more, actually).

And Thor; Ragnarok is a really good movie.

1 hour ago, Ragnar said:

Geostorm???

You're completely insane! WTF! Shittiest movie, even more than Valerian (way more, actually).

And Thor; Ragnarok is a really good movie.

Tog is a complete clown. Dude has the shittiest movie taste in the board right next to Goffe.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Tog is a complete clown. Dude has the shittiest movie taste in the board right next to Goffe.

Because he didn’t like Thor that much and liked Valerian more.

5 minutes ago, JB33 said:

What is his beef with you anyway? That's like the 10th time I've seen him say that.

Ever since TOG said he liked Valerian more than Thor and didn’t think IW’s trailer was all that.

• Haha 1

so the big pictures all pretty much played to expectations. i'll be interested to see tomorrow if Coco's fall on Sunday is less than projected.

Right now both Coco and JL are headed to 235-240 DOM. 

JL's numbers have been mirroring FB really closely - just at about 90--92% of dailies at this point.

Coco is hanging pretty close to Moana.

Coco has the advantage of a much lighter competition in December as Ferdinand not going to do more than 50-60% what Sing did last year. Last year my son really wanted to see Sing, he really doesn't care about seeing Ferdinand.

Of the Christmas movies i'm expecting Jumanji to break out and nothing else to do all that great. A couple of them may ekk out 100M DOM but we'll see.

JL should hit 200M on Tuesday or Wednesday. 

The international numbers may be more interesting. Coco increased in China.

Coco also added an estimated $69 million internationally this weekend for an overseas total that tops $171 million and a global cume reaching $280 million. New markets this weekend included strong debuts in France, Belgium and Spain along with excellent holdovers where the film actually saw increases over opening weekend. One market where the film saw an increase was China where it posted a $17.8 million opening, which increased 148% this weekend to an estimated $44.2 million. The film's estimated, $75.6 million cume in China makes it the highest grossing Pixar release ever in China and third highest Pixar/Disney release after only Zootopia and Big Hero 6. Coco still has a long road ahead of it with openings in Australia, Italy, Brazil, Korea, UK and Japan to look forward to and it's Japan release isn't until mid-March.

Warner Bros. and DC Comics' Justice League finished in second place with an estimated $16.5 million, dropping 60% after the holiday weekend as the film's cume now stands just above $197 million. Internationally, Justice League grossed an estimated $35.7 million in 66 markets bringing its overseas running cume to $370.1 million for a global cume that tops $567 million.

Edited by RamblinRed
  • Like 2

i think it will be instructive to see how many screens JL loses the week TLJ comes out.

FB lost 600 screens when R1 came out (1/6 its total) and lost 300 the week prior. in comparison Moana lost less than 300 when R1 came out.

I suspect Disney can protect Coco pretty well, but I could see JL losing 800+ screens.