aabattery

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - Coco 26.11M, JL 16.58M, Wonder 12.5M, T:R 9.65M, MOTOE 6.7M, LB 4.54M, 3BOEM 4.53M, TDA 1.22M

5 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Honestly, your list isn’t bad. About half of what is your top 10 will be in mine. I still want to check out Ladybird, DA, Shape of water, and Call me by your name before I’m done. 

Although nothing this year has come close to my favorite of last year La La Land.

Ladybird is very good. I also recommend Coco.

• Like 1

Just now, KJsooner said:

Stick-around mrgamer. I’ll have it later this month.

Nope, I want to see your list now. YourMother's list was a preliminary list, yet he shared it with us. Surely, with your opinion of his list, you have a better list. I would LOVE to see it. Doesn't have to be a final list. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrGamer2558 said:

Nope, I want to see your list now. YourMother's list was a preliminary list, yet he shared it with us. Surely, with your opinion of his list, you have a better list. I would LOVE to see it. Doesn't have to be a final list. 

Lmao, what’s the point of having a top 25 if there’s still a month to go?? You can wait for my list at the end of the year. 

Thanks.

1 minute ago, KJsooner said:

Lmao, what’s the point of having a top 25 if there’s still a month to go?? You can wait for my list at the end of the year. 

Thanks.

And yet you decided to shit on another guy's list, despite it not being a "final" list. What's hard about giving a first draft of your list? What are you afraid of? 

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

Okay, I’ll do a top fifteen.

1. Wind River

2. Gifted

3. The Big Sick

4. Baby Driver

5. Dunkirk

6. Thor Ragnarok 

7. Blade Runner 2

8. Coco

9. Wonder Woman

10. Stronger

11. Okja

12. Spider-Man Homecoming 

13. Only the Brave 

14. Girls Trip

15. Murder on the orient express 

Edit: Shoot, forgot about War for the planet of the apes. It’d be around 6-7 on my list. Move everything down a spot. 

Edited by KJsooner
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrGamer2558 said:

And yet you decided to shit on another guy's list, despite it not being a "final" list. What's hard about giving a first draft of your list? What are you afraid of? 

I recommend Xanax twice daily with trazodone.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MrGamer2558 said:

I was also messing with him. Guess you don’t understand how sarcasm works.

Internet, serious bidness

10 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Okay, I’ll do a top fifteen.

1. Wind River

2. Gifted

3. The Big Sick

4. Baby Driver

5. Dunkirk

6. Thor Ragnarok 

7. Blade Runner 2

8. Coco

9. Wonder Woman

10. Stronger

11. Okja

12. Spider-Man Homecoming 

13. Only the Brave 

14. Girls Trip

15. Murder on the orient express 

Edit: Shoot, forgot about War for the planet of the apes. It’d be around 6-7 on my list. Move everything down a spot. 

Cool list. I'm not going to give a snarky comment or anything because it's YOUR list. Can't wait to see the rest of it. :)

5 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

I was also messing with him. Guess you don’t understand how sarcasm works.

Internet, serious bidness

Yeah, it seems YourMother didn't get that at all either when you said something about his list earlier. Guess it's just me huh? Oh well, have a nice evening, pal. 

1 hour ago, JonathanLB said:

It was a fad, nobody cares about that piece of shit anymore not even 15 year old girls. Those girls grew up and got some taste in film too, as evidenced by how many of them don’t care now.

It is not the first time you say something like this and you never brought any data to support this...........

Yes woman tend to grow up and not continue to play with their teenage toys as much as men do (that why that for a long time toys/franchise often liked to focus on boys more, they had a much larger windows, well some kids of the 70s still play Star Wars today), but why do you say that not one give a shit about Titanic went it made over 250m at the box office in the 2010s and still show up in the favorite movies, top 3 among adults, top 1 among millennial. It is the very favorite movie and rewatched all the time by many people.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

It is not the first time you say something like this and you never brought any data to support this...........

Yes woman tend to grow up and not continue to play with their teenage toys as much as men do (that why that for a long time toys/franchise often liked to focus on boys more, they had a much larger windows, well some kids of the 70s still play Star Wars today), but why do you say that not one give a shit about Titanic went it made over 250m at the box office in the 2010s and still show up in the favorite movies, top 3 among adults, top 1 among millennial. It is the very favorite movie and rewatched all the time by many people.

How do you think, he will reply to this? 

1. Nobody cares about it.

12. 15 year old girls.

15. Lol, it's not millennials fav movie.

26. Only 400k this w/e.

Just now, damnitgeorge08 said:

How do you think, he will reply to this? 

1. Nobody cares about it.

12. 15 year old girls.

15. Lol, it's not millennials fav movie.

26. Only 400k this w/e.

Last time he expressed something like the Harris poll must be doing it wrong if it show up in a favorite movie list one. 

I would imagine the 300m+ it made at the box office after it's release is purely because of an other fad 3D, not a testimony that they movie was still extremely popular after 1998.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Not to mention the flawed idea that a movie could make over 600m and 2.1 billion worldwide because "teenaged girls bought 10 tickets".   If that were true, High School Musical would gross 600m.

Titanic brought in EVERYONE.   It got me because I'm a bit of a history buff over the Titanic.   Cameron made a movie that appealed to me too.   You would see people from all age groups in the theater.   There was something for everyone.

The Titanic is one of the all time great stories so it had that going in.   Sure Cameron added a love story...but he also made the audience feel emotion for those 1500 people who died that night.

• Like 2