aabattery

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - Coco 26.11M, JL 16.58M, Wonder 12.5M, T:R 9.65M, MOTOE 6.7M, LB 4.54M, 3BOEM 4.53M, TDA 1.22M

5 hours ago, Webslinger said:

I think Fox may be pushing Three Billboards a little too far too fast. By comparison, The Descendants got only a slight extension over the post-Thanksgiving weekend six years ago. Despite the film's salt-of-the-earth setting and sensibilities, the fact that it's a dark comedy that mines humor from some strange places makes it an odd duck in mainstream multiplexes. I get the sense that it's going to need Oscar nominations at its back and more time to build word-of-mouth to reach its highest potential outside of the areas it hit over Thanksgiving.

Then again, it hasn't been doing as hot as expected on the awards circuit as of yet, so...

I think they're expanding it fine. Midsize theaters needed SOMETHING new. They can always try to milk it one last time before the Blu-Ray is out.

I was gonna rank the 600+ films but apart from Titanic it's such a meh list it got disappointing. The movies are not bad. I perfectly enjoyed TA, JW, etc. but the they don't match the pedigree of the list.

1. Titanic

2. Some weak sauce

3. Rest

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

Ranking the $600M+ Domestic movies:

1.) Titanic

2.) The Force Awakens

3.) Avengers

4.) Avatar

5.) Jurassic World

1. Titanic

2. Avengers

3/4. Avatar/The Force Awakens

(Did not see Jurassic World - Jurassic Park was too fond in my memories to pollute them:)...

32 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I think they're expanding it fine. Midsize theaters needed SOMETHING new. They can always try to milk it one last time before the Blu-Ray is out.

Yeah it’s doing well in the Bible Belt so why wait on expanding.