A Marvel Fanboy

Titanic 3D OS Thread

So Titanic's OS number was just updated to $260.6 million... That along with a domestic finish of $60 million would bring its total to around $320 million...China alone should supply the $30 million to reach $350 million, right?!

Yep, I'd say 60 here and 350 total sounds right. Nice. :)

So far, only three of the so called "highest grossing movies ever" had a really big re-release (or a few of them): GWTW, Star Wars ANH and Titanic.E.T. didn't work years ago, Jaws is pointless and JP doesn't make too much sense either.

So far, only three of the so called "highest grossing movies ever" had a really big re-release (or a few of them): GWTW, Star Wars ANH and Titanic.E.T. didn't work years ago, Jaws is pointless and JP doesn't make too much sense either.

I would like to see a remake of JP with uptodate CGI in 3D and I normaly hate remakes.

I'd love to see JAWS rereleased, not in 3D but just release it again so I can watch it on big screen.

That's why I adored Universal's strategy over here in the UK. When they re-issued a catalogue title on Blu Ray, they rereleased them in digital cinemas. Was awesome to see JP and Back to the Future in the theatre, where they belong.

Glad to have found this forum! This is my first post. Boxofficemojo has updated Titanic 3D's numbers. It is now the 3rd highest grossing film of the year WW surpassing both Journey 2 and the Intouchables. It seems to have grossed ~$15m for the week. I wonder if this will beat The Hunger Games overseas for the year. A stunning performance regardless.

Edited by Moviedweeb

Very impressive...I wonder why boxofficemojo hasn't updated China's gross since 04/22...It seems like with Titanic still going strong in China, and when boxofficemojo updates... I could see this movie even hitting $330 million OS... And coming very very close to $400 million WW!!!$400 million from a re-release still makes my jaw drop!!! I think it can make it!

Very impressive...I wonder why boxofficemojo hasn't updated China's gross since 04/22...It seems like with Titanic still going strong in China, and when boxofficemojo updates...I could see this movie even hitting $330 million OS... And coming very very close to $400 million WW!!!$400 million from a re-release still makes my jaw drop!!! I think it can make it!

Am i missing something? It made only about $4m last weekend OS, half of it came from China, it basically died there. Its run is pretty much over. Maybe it crawls to $290m OS? Probably not. Edited by Elessar

Very impressive...I wonder why boxofficemojo hasn't updated China's gross since 04/22...It seems like with Titanic still going strong in China, and when boxofficemojo updates...I could see this movie even hitting $330 million OS... And coming very very close to $400 million WW!!!$400 million from a re-release still makes my jaw drop!!! I think it can make it!

but the total is updated to May 13th, that should include Chinese grosses