A Marvel Fanboy

Titanic 3D OS Thread

Yes, and it not only had been on TV... It had been there endless times.Therefore I still say 80 mio domestic and 80 mio overseas.The fact the Titanic Blu-Ray or even the DVD is out of print right now will hardly change the big picture IMO.

Yes, and it not only had been on TV... It had been there endless times.Therefore I still say 80 mio domestic and 80 mio overseas.The fact the Titanic Blu-Ray or even the DVD is out of print right now will hardly change the big picture IMO.

On the other hand, being on TV endless times also suggests it's still very popular, which might lead to a great rerelease run. Who knows.Right now I'm predicting 160m.

A lot of movies are often on TV. Sometimes even movies that failed at the box office. Doesn't mean people would run to watch them on the big screen again. The only re-release that delivered really good numbers in the last decades was SW special edition in 97.(The biggest thing regarding re-releases was actually Gone with the Wind in the sixties -- but that was only possible because the producers always said "no" to TV showings and VHS didn't exist yet.)I don't think a converted 3D Titanic will have a huge impact. SW ANH special editions not only had new effects but it was also the first opportunity to see the movie in real good quality again. You only could watch it on TV or on VHS.Titanic will soon be available on Blu-Ray and everybody knows we will have a Titanic Blu-Ray 3D. So why hurry and run to the next movie theatre?

A lot of movies are often on TV. Sometimes even movies that failed at the box office. Doesn't mean people would run to watch them on the big screen again. The only re-release that delivered really good numbers in the last decades was SW special edition in 97.(The biggest thing regarding re-releases was actually Gone with the Wind in the sixties -- but that was only possible because the producers always said "no" to TV showings and VHS didn't exist yet.)I don't think a converted 3D Titanic will have a huge impact. SW ANH special editions not only had new effects but it was also the first opportunity to see the movie in real good quality again. You only could watch it on TV or on VHS.Titanic will soon be available on Blu-Ray and everybody knows we will have a Titanic Blu-Ray 3D. So why hurry and run to the next movie theatre?

So that you can experience the classic in a room crowded full of people and share the tears and joy with others. Why did people rush out to see the lion king? For the nostalgia of seeing a classic back on the big screen in a room of 300 people sharing the same emotions together. It's not just about the movie, it's about the experience. Why do people rush out on opening weekend to see a movie when they could wait a couple weeks? For the experience of a packed theater engaged in the film. Not to mention people will be wanting to commemorate the 100th anniversary by revisiting the film.

I don't see where the 300M predicts are coming from.I am thinking something around 90-100M without China.As for China, I am confused why firedeep is predicting so high, but he has much more knowledge of his market than I have. I am thinking 15-20M there, but I am not sure about it.

As for China, I am confused why firedeep is predicting so high, but he has much more knowledge of his market than I have. I am thinking 15-20M there, but I am not sure about it.

Because Titanic didn't get a release the first time around.I'll say 50m. I think it will do some damage but it will quickly fizzle out with Battleship and other movies coming out.

Because Titanic didn't get a release the first time around.I'll say 50m. I think it will do some damage but it will quickly fizzle out with Battleship and other movies coming out.

It made 44M and was was the biggest film for 10 years until Transformers 2.

But most Chinese aren't exactly rich that they will spend money to see something that they have already seen multiple times and can easily see it again without any cost.

It made 44M and was was the biggest film for 10 years until Transformers 2.

Hmm, maybe I got it confused with another movie.

But most Chinese aren't exactly rich that they will spend money to see something that they have already seen multiple times and can easily see it again without any cost.

The market in China is expanding so people might want to see it for the first time if they weren't able to 15 years ago. I agree with you partially that some people will not want to see this again but I think with higher ticket prices and people's love of 3D, people will pay up to see it again so 50m in China should be no problem. Also, it's being released like a tentpole so I don't see this grossing only 15-20m. Edited by Bluebomb