a2k

Disney Triquel War: INFINITY WAR UNDER TS3

TS3 is Disney's biggest triquel unadjusted. Both the MCU tri-quels fell below TS3:

8 Toy Story 3 BV $415,004,880 4,028 $110,307,189 4,028 6/18/10
9 Iron Man 3 BV $409,013,994 4,253 $174,144,585 4,253 5/3/13
10 Captain America: Civil War BV $408,084,349 4,226 $179,139,142 4,226 5/6/16

I have had a range of 440-480 for AIW off late but that has partly been due the trailer effect.

For the following reasons,

- AOU showed a big drop for TA and was not as well received.

- 3 of the 5 biggest CBMs are solo. (Wonder Woman, TDKR, AOU, TDK, TA) and ensemble boxoffice potential is over-hyped.

- CA3 had a bigger cast than IM3 but failed to beat it.

- AIW honestly seems a bit cluttered.

- Still early to say but CGI villain and faceless army seems less appealing than a 'human' villain.

I think TS3 will reign as the supreme over this new MCU triquel.

IM3 did 174.14 * 2.35x, CA3 did 179.14 * 2.28x. Guessing 185 * 2.23x = ~413, for AIW.

IN (TEAM INFINITY AND BEYOND)

1. a2k 413

OUT (TEAM INFINITY WAR)

Edited by a2knet

Took me way too long to realise that you weren't referring to Alice in Wonderland.

Also out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ReyReyBattery said:

Took me way too long to realise that you weren't referring to Alice in Wonderland.

Also out.

Ai^_^

Woulda been in a year ago but Guardians 2 increasing from Guardians 1 + the insane hype from that trailer... this isnt opening below 200M

And your "teamup BO effect is overhyped" basically comes down to Justice League lmao. Both Cap 3 and Thor 3 had huge increases from predecessors

• Like 2

Wow I'll have some of what your drinking. BIG OUT.

• Like 1

Out

CW and IM3 adjusts to higher that 415 and even if IW only matches their adjusted number it will still be over. 

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

Out

CW and IM3 adjusts to higher that 415 and even if IW only matches their adjusted number it will still be over. 

well you would have to adjust TS3 in that case too. doesn't change your answer but just saying, from my perspective the club would stay the same (ts3 over aiw) just adjusted instead of unadjusted.

The film has a bunch of hooks going in its favour.

IW is likely the most anticipated super hero sequel in a while as it has Thanos, GOTG and is the buildup of the MCU.

The only reason this won't past 500 million as non fans would be lost.

Out. While I think there are a lot of overpredictions based on the trailer views, there should be enough hype behind this film to carry it to around Ultron numbers.

Why would you call Iron Man 8 a "triquel"...?

Moderation:

You need a bigger differentiator between this and Ethan's club, which is under 395m if memory serves. You can PM the mods if you want to adjust it.