DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

That would be a good way to end LeBron's career. Signing with Philly increases his injury chance by 200%

I'm focused on the Phillies off-season. Wondering if we'll make a play for a pitcher and third baseman while flipping Hernandez/Galvis.

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

HOLY SHIT! SO this happened.

The evil Empire has won.

WB/DC is pissing their pants right now. The DCEU is on its last legs now that Disney controls the X-men and F4.

Not nessicarily, Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are still huge, only one of their 2/3 of these films lived up to their potential. WW out grossed Avengers 2.5

• ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, druv10 said:

I'm not sure why people are upset with Disney. They saw an opportunity to stabilize and grow their brand. They were gonna sell these assests anyway and Disney gave them the best offer. I do wonder if people would be this upset if someother corporation took over instead of Disney. Anger needs to be entirely against FOX for selling off some of their biggest assests.

It doesn’t seem to be a good thing for deals like this to occur and the thought is that it may become a common occurrence. Especially since there were only 6 major studios with some this year (Paramount in particular) doing less domestically than one movie. I do agree that some just don’t want Disney to be the buyer, largely due to fears about R-rated movies and variety. I’ve seen comments online, not necessarily here, wishing Comcast had made the deal instead of Disney, which baffles me. I think most people are expressing their comcerns about the impact to the industry as a whole, while others are either happy or bitter about the possibile changes to the types of movies they enjoy. 

Also, Hulu will likely remain as it is. Comcast and Time Warner also have stake in it and are not going to want to aid Disney in setting up their streaming service by selling. 

Disney chief Bob Iger, on a call with analysts Thursday morning, said the plan for Hulu is to make it the outlet for more “adult-oriented product” from the Fox companies.

“There’s a lot of Fox intellectual property that fits extremely well into Disney-branded direct-to-consumer services,” Iger said on the call, citing Nat Geo and Marvel. “There’s a lot of product that we believe will be of great use to growing Hulu as it already is. Hulu is a more adult-oriented product [that will benefit from] Fox television production and FX.”

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/hulu-disney-fox-deal-future-tv-streaming-1202640711/

4 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

The DOJ could block parts of the merger particularly in regards to sports and TV which would be best but I don’t know beyond that. 

The regional sports networks don't make sense to block because Fox owned Fox Sports 1 and all the regional sports networks as well. And Fox doesn't have a monopoly on regional sports networks. Also, Disney does not own any regional sports networks, except for what they will purchase from Fox. 

5 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

The regional sports networks don't make sense to block because Fox owned Fox Sports 1 and all the regional sports networks as well. And Fox doesn't have a monopoly on regional sports networks. Also, Disney does not own any regional sports networks, except for what they will purchase from Fox. 

No but they own Espn and it’s broad sports array 

46 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

They do. Fantastic Four likely won't be part of the deal like we assumed. 

Edit: Apparently Disney claims otherwise. 

Fox being fox, duped disney into believing that they get Fan 4. HAHAHA. Disney will have to co-work with Constantin or outright purchase the damn studio. LOL