DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

"The Department of Justice unleashed its harshest condemnation yet of the proposed purchase of Time Warner by AT&T when the agency revealed Wednesday that the $85 billion merger would cost consumers more than half a billion dollars per year in additional cable costs."

https://gizmodo.com/youll-be-paying-for-at-ts-purchase-of-time-warner-throu-1825192267

Will DoJ condemn the Disney-Fox deal as well when it is revealed that the merger would additionally cost movie-goers more than 5 dollars per movie ticket? Once the deal is through, Disney can literally set the price in whatever way they want. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

This deal still sucks.²

I can understand your opinion But I think you should point the finger at Fox Especially Murdoch who wanted to sell of film and TV to focus on News and Sports, and He wanted to sell to anyone including those up for the bid like Sony, Comcast, Verizon, and of Course Disney so no matter how disappointed you are you have to understand that he would still sell it even if it was not Disney.

Edited by manny1234

I really do not get the pointing out Fox wanted to sell (obviously), no one ever suggested that an hostile take over was going on.

I think the Murdochs event control to company with a dual class of share (that give them a lot of votes by share they own) like other family type business, nothing can happen to them they do not want too.

What does it change to the nature of the deal sucking or not from a movie going audience ? If it was hostile or not, the result would be the same for them no ?

• Like 1

In my town there are 3 cinemas. 3 different chains. A couple years ago, one chain bought one of the other chains. One chain was now going to own 2 out of 3 cinemas in my town. The government stepped in when the chain was bought, and told them they must sell either their original cinema, or the one they just acquired. So they sold the original one, and a new independent startup cinema company bought it. We now have three different, competitive cinemas again.

That is how regulation against monopolies should work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trease is the Word said:

In my town there are 3 cinemas. 3 different chains. A couple years ago, one chain bought one of the other chains. One chain was now going to own 2 out of 3 cinemas in my town. The government stepped in when the chain was bought, and told them they must sell either their original cinema, or the one they just acquired. So they sold the original one, and a new independent startup cinema company bought it. We now have three different, competitive cinemas again.

That is how regulation against monopolies should work.

The same thing happens in the USA. For example, when AMC bought Loews, some of their theaters had to be sold to competitors like Regal.

DEAL TURNS UPSIDE DOWN. THIS IS GONNA GET WEIRD!!!!!!!

Comcast Makes Formal $31B Rival Bid For Pay TV Giant Sky, Directors Nix Fox Recommendation

http://deadline.com/2018/04/comcast-makes-30b-rival-bid-for-pay-tv-giant-sky-as-it-tries-to-gazump-rupert-murdoch-1202376275/

This means renegotiation between Fox and Disney. Fox might also want to sell to Comcast outright (let’s see how the AT&T situation goes down)

If you’re in the UK Comcast might be coming... fun.

Edited by AJG

1 hour ago, AJG said:

DEAL TURNS UPSIDE DOWN. THIS IS GONNA GET WEIRD!!!!!!!

http://deadline.com/2018/04/comcast-makes-30b-rival-bid-for-pay-tv-giant-sky-as-it-tries-to-gazump-rupert-murdoch-1202376275/

This means renegotiation between Fox and Disney. Fox might also want to sell to Comcast outright (let’s see how the AT&T situation goes down)

If you’re in the UK Comcast might be coming... fun.

What do you mean "comcast might be coming", its just Sky will be owned by Comcast rather than Fox. We dont have Fox here, why would we have Comcast :) 

1 hour ago, Trease is the Word said:

We dont have Fox here, why would we have Comcast

Not sure what you mean by that exactly, Murdoch is a world giant including the UK:

The MFT’s news outlets are watched, read or heard by nearly a third of the UK’s population, and have a combined share of the public’s news consumption that is significantly greater than all other news providers, except the BBC and ITN.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/cma-provisionally-finds-foxsky-deal-not-in-the-public-interesthttps://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/apr/10/antitrust-officials-raid-21st-century-fox-european-offices

If you mean SKY would continue to be called SKY if Fox sell is 40% share of it to Disney or Comcast, that is probable.

22 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Not sure what you mean by that exactly, Murdoch is a world giant including the UK:

The MFT’s news outlets are watched, read or heard by nearly a third of the UK’s population, and have a combined share of the public’s news consumption that is significantly greater than all other news providers, except the BBC and ITN.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/cma-provisionally-finds-foxsky-deal-not-in-the-public-interesthttps://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/apr/10/antitrust-officials-raid-21st-century-fox-european-offices

If you mean SKY would continue to be called SKY if Fox sell is 40% share of it to Disney or Comcast, that is probable.

AJG said that Comcast would "be in the UK", I just mean it wouldn't be in any more sense than Fox currently is. We don't have Fox branded services and I doubt we would get Comcast branded services. Don't think consumers would see a whole lot of difference, Sky is still the same company and will provide the same service.

ATT-Time Warner merger is approved. 

Fox declined a offer from a client, believed to be comcast, due to industry regulations in the past. But after this, comcast will again make a all cash bid as soon as on Wednesday, said to be more lucrative than Disney's offer.

Oh man!