DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

10 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I mean I get that part. But people are going to be talking about the Marvel crossovers instead of Star Wars. There will probably be a ton of articles about it.

Nah, the reporters who matter will be talking about the deal. Only the geeks will be obsessed with X Man into the MCU possibilities.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Nah, the reporters who matter will be talking about the deal. Only the geeks will be obsessed with X Man into the MCU possibilities.

But wouldn't you want all those geek sites focused solely on Star Wars this weekend? Seems like the announcement could wait.

40 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

But wouldn't you want all those geek sites focused solely on Star Wars this weekend? Seems like the announcement could wait.

But can you even hold off legally announcing such deal and not make stock holder vote ?, not sure there is any option here:

If the company you've invested in is involved in a merger and is subject to the SEC disclosure rules, you will receive information about the merger in the form of either aproxy statement on Schedule 14A or an information statement on Schedule 14C.  

Everything major public company do and major holder do tend to be very public and regulated for how long you have to disclose.

Edited by Barnack

Just now, Barnack said:

But can you even hold off legally announcing such deal and not make stock holder vote ?, not sure there is any option here:

If the company you've invested in is involved in a merger and is subject to the SEC disclosure rules, you will receive information about the merger in the form of either aproxy statement on Schedule 14A or an information statement on Schedule 14C.  

Yeah, that's probably true. It just seems like they would hold off talks until after the weekend if that were the case.

4 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Honestly if you support his, you're straight up breaking my heart. I wrote a 4 paragpragh long thing I cant post and wont even get into.

Ive never ever been this angry before on the forums. Most of you guys make me sad. 

George Lucas was right!!! This is how Liberty dies! To Thunderous Applause. 

Folks defending this merger in any capacity are going straight to my ignore list. Won’t waste my time reading  trash and myopic posts, life’s too short.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Folks defending this merger in any capacity are going straight to my ignore list. Won’t waste my time reading  trash and myopic posts, life’s too short.

The merger is obviously good because Iron Man and Wolverine can teamup. That’s obviously the only thing that matters. Who cares about the jobs lose, the less diversity in the marketplace, and the more control Disney will have.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

I think it's just plain too soon to tell. I admit my unease at Disney making such a big acquisition but at the same time they are responsible for a lot of my favorite movies and crying foul is pointless and futile at this stage. I suspect, like a lot of things the internet rages over, the fears are going to end up overblown.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 3

To be honest, Disney would’ve survived without Fox. Have you seen the power of the mouse?

However we should note that Fox wanted to sell. I’m not denying going to Disney is a very bad choice but Comcast would’ve been as bad if not worse imo. I’m against monopoly no matter what. I’m mad at both.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

The media landscape is rapidly changing. That's the whole reason Rupert Murdoch sold now.

Murdoch sold because he wanted to focus on news. Disney is buying Fox not to survive but to make a competitor for Netflix and Hulu.

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Murdoch sold because he wanted to focus on news. Disney is buying Fox not to survive but to make a competitor for Netflix and Hulu.

Yes, Murdoch sold to focus on news but also because the media landscape is changing.

And Disney would be stupid not to jump into the streaming business. You expect them to rely on Netflix and Hulu forever?

I still think you guys getting butthurt about a media buyout when we could lose the internet is fucking stupid.

• Like 2

If the whole reason for this deal was to compete with netflix in terms of content then Disney stopping R rated Fox movies is a really stupid idea and they know it. They need diverse content to compete with them and Amazon is no slouch in that department either.

Theatrical R rated movies is still content for their streaming service. That's why I doubt Searchlight will go anywhere.

If Verizon or Comcast own Blockbusters Video, Bing and IMDB.

Without Net Neutrality...

There is no Netflix or Hulu.

There is no Google.

There is no BOT.

We're forced to use Blockbusters shitty website, Bing's shitty search engine and IMDB's shitty forum.

Why?

Because that's what the ISP's want and without Net Neutrality they have complete control whether Shawn can even succeed with a website like this.

Fox Searchlight is nice and everything but you might lose all your favorite websites including this one.

You guys are playing tic tac toe while your king chesspiece is surrounded.

• Like 1