DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

31 minutes ago, manny1234 said:

@Hades @IronJimbo @JamesCameronScholar @Nova If Comcast got Fox somehow then Avatar would be part of the Comcast family which has its own Universal Theme Park which is a rival To Disney but the Avatar theme park it is based would be at Disney instead of Universal.

So what you're saying is that the evil empire always wins 

:sparta:

Comcast’s bid is higher then Disney’s but it is all cash. Disney’s bid is script based. An all cash bid has big tax implications for the Murdoch’s so  Disney doesn’t have to match Comcast to keep the Murdoch’s happy. 

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

Comcast’s bid is higher then Disney’s but it is all cash. Disney’s bid is script based. An all cash bid has big tax implications for the Murdoch’s so  Disney doesn’t have to match Comcast to keep the Murdoch’s happy. 

Read the details, Comcast has offered to pay all taxes and fees associated with the deal... 

• Astonished 2

47 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Read the details, Comcast has offered to pay all taxes and fees associated with the deal... 

Are you sure?  Assuming a cash offer triggers capital gains tax for the Murdoch's how can Comcast cover that?

7 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Are you sure?  Assuming a cash offer triggers capital gains tax for the Murdoch's how can Comcast cover that?

From the letter: 

We will agree to the same allocation of any tax obligations as Disney in connection with any required divestitures.

We will agree to the same divestiture package as Disney, i.e., a commitment to divest (i) any of 21CF’s RSNs and (ii) other 21CF assets representing up to $500 million of EBITDA (less up to $250 million of EBITDA attributable to divested RSNs).

We will agree to the same reverse termination fee of $2.5 billion as Disney, in the event the transaction does not close as a result of a failure to obtain the required regulatory approvals.

On 6/14/2018 at 5:54 PM, JamesCameronScholar said:

From the letter: 

I think you’re talking about something else. 

I’m talking about the Murdoch’s capital gains tax implications for their holdings. A cash payment would trigger a capital gains tax event whereas a share swap wouldn’t. 

18 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I’m talking about the Murdoch’s capital gains tax implications for their holdings

Ah, my apologies, I misread what you said, I thought we were only talking about the companies. Yeah, you're totally right, the Murdoch's will get hammered on the CGT. 

• Like 1