kayumanggi

STUBER | 12th July 2019 | Fox | Dave Bautista

44 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

That looks great! Really hope they didn’t put the funniest parts in the trailer. 

FWIW, this was the only trailer (well, the domestic one not this new one) that got ANY reaction at my screening for Wick 3.  

Now I know better than to put much/any stock in lack of reactions for trailers at movies.  But I did find it interesting that this flick did managed to get some scattered laughs during its trailer.

Maybe the marketplace is semi-starved for an action-comedy.  It's been a while and if it is even semi-good, it might do pretty decently.

On 5/21/2019 at 1:21 PM, Porthos said:

FWIW, this was the only trailer (well, the domestic one not this new one) that got ANY reaction at my screening for Wick 3.  

Now I know better than to put much/any stock in lack of reactions for trailers at movies.  But I did find it interesting that this flick did managed to get some scattered laughs during its trailer.

Maybe the marketplace is semi-starved for an action-comedy.  It's been a while and if it is even semi-good, it might do pretty decently.

I've been feeling that this movie may break out a bit because of your last point. They also seem to cast two people that I think the target audience will accept in lead roles, but are not over exposed, like the stars in Hobbs and Shaw. 

Not getting sanitized by Disney helps a great deal as well. An $80M run seems possible, but, it's still an uphill battle for any non-franchise film these days. 

• Like 1

As I said before, I was very disappointed in the opening weekend for this, but on the bright side the drop this weekend was pretty good: a flat 50%. I have a feeling it'll disappear pretty soon though.

Who else has seen this?

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

As I said before, I was very disappointed in the opening weekend for this, but on the bright side the drop this weekend was pretty good: a flat 50%. I have a feeling it'll disappear pretty soon though.

Who else has seen this?

Not a lot of people...that's the problem.

Problem with Dave Bautista is he often comes off as sort of a poor man's Dwayne Johnson.  If you can't get or can't afford The Rock, get Dave. He needs to sort of forge a much different identity.

Just now, dudalb said:

Not a lot of people...that's the problem.

Problem with Dave Bautista is he often comes off as sort of a poor man's Dwayne Johnson.  If you can't get or can't afford The Rock, get Dave. He needs to sort of forge a much different identity.

Agreed. Not that I want him to be the same person in every movie he's in, but he put together a good thing with his Drax character in the MCU. I think he has the potential to be funnier than Dwayne and should definitely use that.