filmlover

SAG Discussion thread

18 hours ago, filmlover said:

If Call Me by Your Name was a movie about sexual assault, maybe. But, ya know, it's not.

I was not sure what to call it, but you know what I mean by that. The response to sexual predation that has swept across the entire globe is in its way. The movie is not about that, but there are people who view the love story as predatory. Armie Hammer just played a man married to Amy Adams with a daughter at university. It was not wise to cast him as someone who is 24 because he has the appearance of a person who is way more senior than that. The Kevin Spacey and Bryan Singer stuff muddy the waters. I am just saying why there are people in the industry not responding to it. 

3 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

I was not sure what to call it, but you know what I mean by that. The response to sexual predation that has swept across the entire globe is in its way. The movie is not about that, but there are people who view the love story as predatory. Armie Hammer just played a man married to Amy Adams with a daughter at university. It was not wise to cast him as someone who is 24 because he has the appearance of a person who is way more senior than that. The Kevin Spacey and Bryan Singer stuff muddy the waters. I am just saying why there are people in the industry not responding to it. 

It's possible Call Me by Your Name might miss a Best Picture nomination but it wouldn't be because of the stuff currently happening. Like come on now.