CJohn

The Expendables 2 OS thread

So I'm confused. Based on this article by Variety http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118058250 EX2 did 24.7 mill opening weekend internationally. This weekend it is estimated at 18.5 mill. Add that up and you have 43.2. Rentrak has the international total at 48.7. So during the week it only did 5.5 mill? That seems reaaaaaaallllly low.

So I'm confused. Based on this article by Variety http://www.variety.c...le/VR1118058250 EX2 did 24.7 mill opening weekend internationally. This weekend it is estimated at 18.5 mill. Add that up and you have 43.2. Rentrak has the international total at 48.7. So during the week it only did 5.5 mill? That seems reaaaaaaallllly low.

Rentrak has last weekends gross as 17.25M, so if you believe Variety over Rentrak then the total should also be higher.

While it's not a collapse in the US, it is puzzling as to why it opened so softly. Could the bomb threat opening day really had that much of an effect?

The combination of that and the shooting still looming over people's heads may have had a big effect. I actually believe it did. Just an opinion, tho. Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1