CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

I wanna mention this...

I love Wonder Woman so much. It's such a genuine film, and it's done wonders for women in the superhero genre, BUT...

Why have people forgotten what Katniss did? It's insane how she's being forgotten. 

Hunger Games overall has been forgotten cause it wasn't that memorable. My scorching hot take of the day.

• Like 5

I wanna mention this...

I love Wonder Woman so much. It's such a genuine film, and it's done wonders for women in the superhero genre, BUT...

Why have people forgotten what Katniss did? It's insane how she's being forgotten. 

I don't think people have forgotten. Wonder Woman was just the first woman superhero movie to really have success with critics and fans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

See, you just proved my point. People here are calling 400 and 1.1b WW for it "really low." Truly the most overpredicted film I've seen on the board in my 10+ years posting. 

I agree with you that TLK is being over-predicted, but 400 in 2019 would not be that much ahead of TJB's adjusted dom. TLK's been as epic as BATB in people's memories if not more.

• Like 2

I wanna mention this...

that whole series just felt like it sped outta people's minds real fast. might have to blame it on those last two movies being total inert duds.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, RichWS said:

If anybody was on the fence, the last couple of days offer another strong confirmation the Internet is compromised of absolute morons.

And that fanboys regardless of faction are just awful.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

that whole series just felt like it sped outta people's minds real fast. might have to blame it on those last two movies being total inert duds.

Such a shame. I bought Catching Fire a few weeks ago on 4K, I was surprised I didn’t own it already. Not like me... but it was hard to buy it even for $9.99, not because I don’t think it’s a great movie but because the two after were so shitty - and I don’t mean just disappointing but actually downright pieces of shit - that it kind of ruins my memories of the first two, which for me were an A- and A movies, I really loved them. I just wish the final two movies were good at least, that would have succeeded at least in not tarnishing the memory of the series.

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

And that fanboys regardless of faction are just awful.

Regardless of age, they all act like petulant dickheads who MUST direct their self-loathing anger and bitter feelings at others. Marvel, DC, Star Wars, I don't care. Their way of "validating" themselves as being a TRUE fan is to be an awful and spiteful piece of shit. You didn't like the movie? That's fine, cool, great, go with God. Personally attacking others and being genuinely obnoxious about it? Fuck you.

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Regardless of age, they all act like petulant dickheads who MUST direct their self-loathing anger and bitter feelings at others. Marvel, DC, Star Wars, I don't care. Their way of "validating" themselves as being a TRUE fan is to be an awful and spiteful piece of shit. You didn't like the movie? That's fine, cool, great, go with God. Personally attacking others and being genuinely obnoxious about it? Fuck you.

An additional note if your movie flops or doesn’t do as well as liked, don’t blame everyone and everything else, don’t harass people who tell it like it is and most importantly realize it’s just a damn movie.

Mic Drop.

• Like 9