CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

No doubt The Last Jedi is divisive. Most of my friends, whom are huge fans of Star Wars, genuinely hated it.

They knew abt the audience score on RT prior to booking the tickets but was curious why it was so divisive and really wanted to see Carrie Fisher on the big screen one last time.

I think there is no doubt that the Carrie Fisher effect and the curiousity factor of it being divisive helped with the OW.

Btw Jumanji 2 is really good too, it had sneaks in my country this week - a show of confidence by Sony..having sneaks against Last Jedi. So far WoM has been pretty good. 

23 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Geez, what a roller coaster ride for the projections. We went from looking like 200-210 to possibly 220+ to maybe even 230-240 to now looking like 215-220. Lol. 

I hardly believe anyone would (seriously) go for 240M ow on TLJ. Maybe in somebody's wet and hot fantasy, but not from any serious analyst. 

64m Sat.

Sunday AM Writethru/following Saturday 11:41 PM post: Refresh for updates Disney’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi had a fantastic Saturday drawing an estimated $64M per industry figures as of this morning, which ranks as the fourth best ever after Jurassic World ($69.6M), The Avengers ($69.55M), and Star Wars: Force Awakens ($68.3M).

from DHD, http://deadline.com/2017/12/the-last-jedi-star-wars-opening-box-office-records-1202228444/

Edited by TigerPaw

31 minutes ago, Brainbug said:
BoxOfficeReport.com @BORReport 18 minutes ago
Justice League grossed an estimated $5.3M internationally this weekend. International total is $414.5M, global total is $634.0M.

So 5.3 os weekend (414.5 cume)  and 4.17 dom weekend (219.5 cume).

MJ1 added 4.58x the weekend more to it's dom cume. That gives JL 4.58*4.17=19 more dom for 238.5 total.

And if os adds 20 more (could be tough), will get to:

434.5 os + 238.5 dom = 673 ww.

Edited by a2knet

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I wonder what caused Asgard to go with 65-67 and 69. Maybe the West coast didn't step up as much as they thought.

last during this calendar configuration Sunday drops were 30%+. wonder if the slow-down started sat night itself (just guessing blindly).

6 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I wonder what caused Asgard to go with 65-67 and 69. Maybe the West coast didn't step up as much as they thought.

actually asgard1 said 65-67 and asgard2 added that if the strength of night shows is similar to friday, then 69 could happen, but didn't actually give us the 69 number as in that's what it's gonna do. we just took the high-end of both the asgards and ran with it to satisfy ourselves :P

else 64 being the number vs 65-67 is at least close to the low-end of the range we were given.

Just now, RichWS said:

50.22 would be a 21.5% drop, which is a little steep. Wouldn't be surprised if the actuals come in 2-3 million higher. 

That would mean 220-223 Million. Or what 99% of movies dream of doing in total.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

So 5.3 os weekend (414.5 cume)  and 4.17 dom weekend (219.5 cume).

MJ1 added 4.58x the weekend more to it's dom cume. That gives JL 4.58*4.17=19 more dom for 238.5 total.

And if os adds 15-20 more (could be tough), will get to:

429.5-434.5 os + 238.5 dom = 668-673 ww.

With The Last Jedi (and Jumanji coming soon), I think Justice League will have smaller legs than Mockingjay from now on.

I think  'Justice League' <<< 'Doctor Strange' DOM and WW is pretty possible.

• Like 2