CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

2 minutes ago, TJHooker said:

The way things are shaping up for TLJ, it certainly seems that BATB will remain highest grossing movie of the year from the looks of things...Unless TLJ pools out some kind of magic trick and will be able to gross over 600m domestically, because it clears as a day to me that international market is ridiculously weak for this movie for some odd reason! Congratulations BATB for highest grosser of 2017!...

Hahahahaha are you joking?! This race was over before it even began. TLJ is a lock for over $600M and #1 domestic. It also opened extremely well worldwide so it’ll be on cruise control to both #1 worldwide and domestic with ease. I can’t tell if you’re trolling or new to the box office?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Given that Wan has given WB a billion dollar franchise with The Conjuring, I suspect he's been given full reign on Aquaman. I really want to see how they envision Atlantis and also how Black Manta and Ocean Master look like in live action

The Conjuring isn't a billion dollars technically but yes. I'm sure he'll have complete creative control. 

13 minutes ago, TJHooker said:

The way things are shaping up for TLJ, it certainly seems that BATB will remain highest grossing movie of the year from the looks of things...Unless TLJ pulls out some kind of magic trick and will be able to gross over 600m domestically (Although weekly drops should maintain within 40-45% approximately, which is unlikely at this point...), because it is clear as a day to me that international market is ridiculously weak for this movie for some odd reason! Congratulations BATB for highest grosser of 2017!...

Are you kidding me? The Last Jedi is going to eat 600M for breakfast.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TJHooker said:

The way things are shaping up for TLJ, it certainly seems that BATB will remain highest grossing movie of the year from the looks of things...Unless TLJ pulls out some kind of magic trick and will be able to gross over 600m domestically (Although weekly drops should maintain within 40-45% approximately, which is unlikely at this point...), because it is clear as a day to me that international market is ridiculously weak for this movie for some odd reason! Congratulations BATB for highest grosser of 2017!...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Schools are still in this week here in Toronto, but they are off the full week of January the 1st.  So I think the grosses will be a lighter during the week this time, for the first week.

13 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Oh, I thought it was some sort of odd advert technique for The Voice Portugal on RTP :rofl:  (I mean, it has The Voice's judges on it, after all...)

I still remember last year they did an entire dedicated The Voice emission to promote the damn movie.

• Haha 1