CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

7 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Looks like Disney was better off remaking Empire Strikes Back.

I imagine Episode 9 will likely have Ewok like army. 

Disney should stick to the safe and predictable route. they are good at that. They are not good at being  ''edgy or bold''. 

• Like 1

The RT score could be totally legit, but sure is interesting nothing else agrees with it. Per Deadline: "ComScore/Screen Engine reports a mindblowing five-out-of-five stars for the movie and a 90% overall positive with an 82% definite recommend. Huge. Older men over 25 came out in droves at 44% followed by females over 25 (24%), men under 25 (22%), and females under 25 (10%)."

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

This RT's audience score discusion is kinda hilarious. I doubt it affects box office, especially over Christmas. Also I'd rather see the TLJ first (showing is later today), and make my own opinion on it, then go crazy over something like an audience score. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

9 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

The RT score could be totally legit, but sure is interesting nothing else agrees with it. Per Deadline: "ComScore/Screen Engine reports a mindblowing five-out-of-five stars for the movie and a 90% overall positive with an 82% definite recommend. Huge. Older men over 25 came out in droves at 44% followed by females over 25 (24%), men under 25 (22%), and females under 25 (10%)."

So, now WOM will turn out to be good, i guess... lol

1 minute ago, JonathanLB said:

Well...I guess that tells us exactly what the RT score means. :hahaha:

10 minutes ago, weresweresweres said:

:winomg:I have never said that people secrectly agrees with me even if they claim otherwise. I just stated the fact that many users is reading this topic but many of them didn't share their opinion. If they enjoyed it why they don't write this?

As others have already mentioned, some people have already commented on the movie, and beyond that, most haven't even seen it yet.

And yes, that is very much what you have done. You haven't talked about how there are few reactions so far, you have come straight out and implied that people are hiding their opinions because they don't like it as much as they pretend they do (which doesn't really fit together with your new comment that "most haven't shared their opinion", because for someone to pretend he likes the movie more than he actually does, he needs to comment on the movie). To top things off, you then acted as if your opinion of the movie was some sort of objective view.

If all you were really wondering about was why there haven't been more reviews and comments yet, you just could have asked why there are so few reviews and comments, but that's not what you did.

Edited by George Parr
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

That was written at 9:25 ET last night before any of the showings even finished it must be from screenings and therefore from the most super of superfans so yes but we will see

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think many people forget the plot Twist in ESB came to full fruition in ROTJ.

As a result, any issue over that plot twist back then was elevated with a great conclusion where Vader Saves his son with some of the best scenes in the entire Series. 

Spoiler alert.

1 minute ago, boomboom234 said:

That was written at 9:25 ET last night before any of the showings even finished it must be from screenings and therefore from the most super of superfans so yes but we will see

It wasn’t in the write up posted last night. It was just updated this morning. 7:21am PT

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

The rate the RT audience score is dropping is pretty fast. As much as there are those who don’t like it, there are many who do. It’s like those who liked it are less likely to post a review while those who really ‘hated’ it want to vent their frustrations. It’s definitely a polarizing film based on reactions here, but I don’t think the RT score going rotten is entirely accurate. 

Part of it might also be expectations...when critics tell you this will be better than TFA and an A movie (8+ average), and then your expectations are elevated and not met, you like it less than you would have if they told you it was crap (see why some many low RT movies actually pull decent audience scores - going in, you knew you weren't watching Citizen Kane, so when the movie exceeded your lowered expectations, you were happy:)...

7 minutes ago, a2knet said:

what if it goes below JW. In 2015 SW7 beat JW by around 44%.

SW8 could go below even with something very healthy/epic like 190 ow * 3.4x = 646 dom

That's when its worldwide crown might be in danger...

• Like 1

TESB was also divisive and hated by the fanbase when it was released, this doesn't affect ROTJ box office

Probably the same will happen with TLJ, it will be a huge success [the legs will be good], and Ep. IX probably will grow in box office despite these bad reactions coming from hardcore fans

I guess trolls are everywhere because on Allociné, french biggest movie site, you can see the exact same dynamic as on the american audience RT score  since Wednesday :

Started at 4/5 2 days ago.

Today it s at 3,5/5 which is very low for a blockbuster, Thor Ragnarok ended up with a 4/5 and JL had a 3,8/5.

Saying plenty of plot elements aren't resonating with audiences is putting it mildly.

Oh and let's settle something once and for all :

there are no Fans/fanboys on one side and You, the rational guy/ composed cinephile without emotions  about this saga on the other side.

That is YOUR mind construct.

Everybody is a fanboy/fan of Star Wars, everybody is invested with what happened with these characters, everybody knows the basic story and mythology of Star Wars, it has been the most famous and well know story in cinema for the last 40 years.

Chances that you never saw the OT and/or Force Awakens while buying a Last Jedi ticket are VERY, VERY low, it probalby represents less than 5% of audiences and like I said, even if you didn't see these 4 films, you know the story from your friends, family, significant others or pop culture references.

I don't deny there aren't various degrees of fanboy-ism among Star Wars fans, I am saying everybody is at least invested and interested in how the plot progresses and what happens exactly to these characters in The Last Jedi.

Everybody cares about Star Wars.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 5

Just now, The Futurist said:

I guess trolls are everywhere because on Allociné, french biggest movie site, you can see the exact same dynamic as on the american audience RT score  since Wednesday :

Today it s at 3,5/5 which is very low for a blockbuster, Thor Ragnarok ended up with a 4/5 and JL had a 3,8/5.

Saying plenty of plot elements aren't resonating with audiences is putting it mildly.

Oh and let settle something once and for all :

there are no Fans/fanboys on one side and You, the rational guy/ composed cinephile without emotions  about this saga on the other side.

Thats YOUR mind construct.

Everybody is a fanboy/fan of Star Wars, everybody is invested with what happened with these characters, everybody knows the basic story and mythology of Star Wars, it has been the most famous and well know story in cinema for the last 40 years.

Chances that you never saw the OT and/or Force Awakens while buying a Last Jedi ticket are VERY, VERY low, it probalby represents less than 5% of audiences and like I said, even if you didn't see these 4 films, you know the story from your friends, family, significant others or pop culture references.

I don't deny there aren't various degrees of fanboy-ism among Star Wars fans, I am saying everybody is at least invested and interested in how the plot progresses and what happen exactly to these characters in The Last Jedi.

Yep trolls everywhere

• Like 1

Moderation:

Lets settle down.

It seems this movie is polarizing for some reason.  Lets make sure we respect everyones opinion and not get personal.

Disliking the movie is fine.  Liking the movie is fine.  State your opinions however this thread is for Boxoffice discussion.

What will not be allowed is people deliberately stoking the flames just to get a rise out of people.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Oh and let settle something once and for all :

Thats YOUR mind construct.

I don't deny there aren't various degrees of fanboy-ism among Star Wars fans, I am saying everybody is at least invested and interested in how the plot progresses and what happen exactly to these characters in The Last Jedi.

SHUT THE FUCK UP THEY ARE ALLLLLLLL TROLLS IT CANT BE TRUE WHATSOEVER

• Like 1