CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

1 minute ago, George Parr said:

If I'm not mistaken, the same previews-to-weekend multipliers would lead to:

TFA: ~196m

Rogue One: 240.5m

edit: a bit too late

If this is true I win the derby! (i estimated $198m)

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

TFA muliplier = 195.75

RO multiplier = 240.75

More often than not sequelitis entails lesser than TFA's multi and 185-190 ow. Still humongous for December, beating Hobbit1 (#2 Dec ow)  by 100m+.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

There’s really nothing from Star Wars opening till Ready player one. Gawd you people are right, early 2018 is a fycking wasteland. 

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

More often than not sequelitis entails lesser than TFA's multi and 185-190 ow. Still humongous for December, beating Hobbit1 (#2 Dec ow)  by 100m+.

I don't know about that. If you look at TFA's weekend, the  one thing that truly stood out was the preview-number. The remaining Friday as well as the Saturday were only the 3rd biggest each, I think, while Sunday was no.1 alltime. So those numbers - or something close to that - aren't that unthinkable. I think TLJ has a solid chance of having a better previews to weekend total ratio than TFA, though I doubt that it will come anywhere near the one Rogue One had.

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I can kind of see two arguments

1. TFA is also a sequel (3 decades later) and arguable has a more rush factor so TFA more frontloaded

2. TLJ is more of a sequel in the traditional sense (direct follow up) retaining more core fan base (shows up midnight) but not as much of an event and retains less general audience, TLJ more frontloaded..

• Like 1

Outside of Panther and RP1, there’s nothing that seems likely for $200M+ Domestic. WIT can get close imo, Peter Rabbit or Paddington 2 will reach the $100M and Freed will barely get there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, James said:

The WOM might be a bit mixt and help. IDK.

AUDIENCE SCORE 

Average Rating: 3.5/5
User Ratings: 60,342

Cars3 at 71% am guessing is Disney's lowest 2017 RT Audience score prior to this.

BATB at 81%. GOTG2, Thor3 and SMH at 88%. Coco at 96%.

• Like 1