CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I think despite hitting a speed bump this weekend due to SW8 and Ferd is the Word, 240+ is set. 

It's trending better than Moana and the initial 5-day 9m gap has not extrapolated to anything more.

Gap's still 9m and will decrease over the holidays I think. Even otherwise shouldn't go below 235.

235/245/255 low/real/high imo.

I've noticed that weekdays this week haven't been quite as good as it was last week, so it's falling behind Moana by a tiny bit, not sure if that's reason for concern yet since Sing wasn't released at this point last year, overall, I'm satisfied with its domestic performance, Mexico and Chinese numbers are truly delightful. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Lmao at anyone who thinks the RT audience score (where like 70k people voted to this point) means anything, when the fate of this movies WOM among the GA is decided by the millions of people watching The Last Jedi this weekend.

Audience Score reminds me of online polls.

They literally mean nothing.

If you can ELECT in to a poll, it isn't scientifically viable. 

It's so weird that we are trying to measure "word of mouth" off of the audience score, rather than the RT/Metacritic score, but, good times. 

9 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Well we discuss RT scores almost in every weekend thread as an early indication of wom so I fail to see why suddenly using it is so stupid.

As with everything else... 

Pointing out that TLJ has a high RT score is ok

Pointing out that TLJ has a low RT audience score is ok

Pointing out that SW is a fanboy movie so those scores 'could' be manipulated is ok

Doing it over and over again to get a rise out of people starts trending into the area of trolling.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Last AndyLL said:

As with everything else... 

Pointing out that TLJ has a high RT score is ok

Pointing out that TLJ has a low RT audience score is ok

Pointing out that SW is a fanboy movie so those scores 'could' be manipulated is ok

Doing it over and over again to get a rise out of people starts trending into the area of trolling.

So the fact that I keep updating it as it falls is trolling?

TJL is a wonderful comedy and parody on the franchise, I've never laughed so hard at the theater since XXX: Return of Xander Cage, the script is so dumb and idiotic, especially in the second half, and so full of WTF moments that I had a really fun time. I guess that's why some fans hate it, they wanted a serious movie and got a comedy instead with some "f...k you" moments to them, but I'm not a fan of SW, so that's ok to me.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I've noticed that weekdays this week haven't been quite as good as it was last week, so it's falling behind Moana by a tiny bit, not sure if that's reason for concern yet since Sing wasn't released at this point last year, overall, I'm satisfied with its domestic performance, Mexico and Chinese numbers are truly delightful. 

True. As this was the 1st time it's weekdays fell behind Moana I didn't think about it much. The weekend ought to take some hit and come in 1-2m below Moana's 12.7m. The gap could be 10-11 by Sunday. Hoping it starts eating into that gap Monday onward and into January.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, James said:

So the fact that I keep updating it as it falls is trolling?

Getting there...

This is the BO thread and fanboy movie audience reactions really have no bearing on the BO.  

Why don't you take it to the SW thread where we love to talk about RT?

Just now, The Last AndyLL said:

Getting there...

This is the BO thread and fanboy movie audience reactions really have no bearing on the BO.  

Why don't you take it to the SW thread where we love to talk about RT?

Because the only clue we have so far regarding the reception is that score. And that is BO related. It's not like I say 'HAHAHA, LOOK AT THIS'. 

• Like 1