CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

13 minutes ago, The Last AndyLL said:

So what about the Disney Movies that don't get high RT scores?  Do the Disney checks in those cases bounce?

They just changed they're credit card when Alice 2, Finest Hours and Tomorowland got released.

The RT population being one that become critics because of those movies by now (a bit like Tarantino in the past), access, many critics having a following that are fans, etc... are easier explanation if bias there is than Disney paying anyone.

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

from what i've seen the only truly terrible film on that list is charlie and the chocolate factory. everything else good enough.

I used to love Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as a kid. Then i watched it again two years ago...

:whosad:

Elfman Score rocks though.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

#4 is Antz, #9 is The Witch, and #23 is School of Rock.  More great films.

That one is quite surprising, maybe it was unsuspecting Linklater fans that took the score down because that movie is a bit far than the rest of is output, because it is a massive crowdpleaser that is hard to imagine people not finding that movie to be at least an 6/10 and up type.

• Like 1

chocolate factory isn't quite my least favourite depp performance i think he's worse in alice in wonderland but he's kinda like the Jared Leto in Suicide Squad of willy wonkas. just making all the wrong choices to differentiate from the previous actor who nailed it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

dude in director jail two years after making the fourth biggest movie of all time. a real fast GRAND OPENING/GRAND CLOSING situation. 

and Whedon joining him!

13 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

No kidding. Used to think Batman and Robin was a good movie as a kid. Even had one of those 3 in 1 Batmobile toys where it changed into a submarine, batmobile, and Batplane.

That’s nothing. I thought Superman IV was good as a kid! That’s the worst fucking movie ever. When I saw it as an adult I just sat there mouth agape like... holy shit kids have no taste at all. I don’t know how I liked that. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Barnack said:

There some of the best sequences here, I think people overrated in how they disliked the movie once Tim Robbins pop up and ultra high expectation of a giant Cruise/Spielberg flick. That 2000's to 2010's Spielberg stuff is aging extremely well.

I saw Catch Me If You Can for the first time about a month ago and it's one of my new favorite films.

• Like 3

As I think more about TLJ, I think it is safe to say that if this doesn't put the final nail into the coffin of the "Disney micro-manages all of their films to be cookie-cutter clones of each other" talking point and that it really does appear that Lucasfilm has near complete autonomy to do whatever the fuck they want in regards to their films, nothing will.

*looks about the net and sees gripes about Disney mandating 'Marvel Jokes' in TLJ*

"Nothing will" it is! 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 13

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

As I review what happened in TLJ, I think it is safe to say that if this doesn't put the final nail into the coffin of the "Disney micro-manages all of their films to be cookie-cutter clones of each other"  and that it really does appear that Lucasfilm has near complete autonomy to do whatever the fuck they want in regards to their films, nothing will.

*looks about the net and sees gripes about Disney mandating 'Marvel Jokes' in TLJ*

"Nothing will" it is! 

These people apparently never have seen a Star Wars film before.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, MrGamer2558 said:

Sad that Sharknado is on that list. John Heard fighting a shark with a bar stool should've been better appreciated by the general audience. 

The only reason I saw that movie is because the composer of my movie did Sharknado. That’s like his claim to fame. He’s actually a really good composer lol but Sharknado is hard to watch...