CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

17 minutes ago, PNF2187 said:

Ferdinand is at 3.3% right now and is looking at a $14-15M OW, Coco is at 1.6% which would translate to $7M in that case.

Then again, this is probably flawed logic, since comparing Coco to TLJ would result in a $3.7M weekend.

Maybe Variety extrapolate their Coco numbers using MT's percentages hahah

But what a fantastic year for mainstream cinema this was:

John Wick 2
Lego Batman
Get Out
Logan
Kong: Skull Island (fight me!)
GOTG Vol 2
Wonder Woman
Baby Driver
Spider-Man: Homecoming
War for the Planet of the Apes
Dunkirk
It
Blade Runner 2049
Thor: Ragnarok
Coco
Star Wars: The Last Jedi

are all worthy of beeing buyed on Blu-Ray imo, with Logan, Apes, Blade Runner, Thor and SW beeing the standouts.

And then you have the smaller films, Three Billboards, Lady Bird, Shape of Water, Disaster Artist...

Great, great year for movies. 2018 looks not half as promising.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

People saying Crystal Skull is maybe saying a bit much be largely loved by critics, but is maybe the best possible pick.

That list can give some clues:

https://screenrant.com/movies-critics-audience-split/

Big IP movies with %

Burton Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

2003 Ang Lee Hulk

Spielberg again with WAR OF THE WORLDS

Like someone mentioned above 2005 King Kong

Live Free or DIE hard

Blade Runner 2049

Edited by John Marston

28 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Wotw, after the first 30 minutes, you can stop watching. The initial battle scene is good after that. Complete nothingness.

The old set in present time homage to the Searcher with the similar ending is still worth a watch imo, but I agree with you that it is a movie that goes down, not up. 

4 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

You guys think the friends of these people had anything to do with the low rotten tomatoes audience score? :lol:

Look I get you want to watch the movie but come on acting like this is ridiculous. My screen went out 30 min in opening night of Ragnarok and everyone took their refund and came back later. Sure there were some groans but nothing like this. 

• Like 1

At the theatre now! Been waiting 2 years for this!

I'm really hoping this pulls ahead of $100M opening day. I mean,  just don't see how it could have a smaller true Friday than AoU. 

Now, to the concessions!

• Like 2

Interesting story:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

this is gonna open below avengers and jurassic world, wow

I was hoping for 240m+, but 200m-210m is still fucking massive for December.  200m in winter is WAY bigger than 200m in summer.  The only other December release non-SW OW that kinda comes close is ROTK's which adjusts to 183m, and that was a 5-day OW.

• Like 9