CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

11 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

So the film is Certifed Fresh Trash?

Ill see tonight which side of the fence I’m on.

No. It's a good movie, with some GREAT moments, some risky choices, good messages, but also some "not very good" things. Tha'ts why it's very divisive with the fans.

It soars and sink, but it's good.

Edited by SpiritComix
  • Like 2

200 in 3 days is amazing even today (5 years after it first happened in summer), especially in december (hobbit's 84.6m still the biggest non star-wars ow).

some movies have taken longer off late :sparta:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SpiritComix said:

No. It's a good movie, with some GREAT moments, some risky choices, good messages, but also some "not very good" things. Tha'ts why it's very divisive with the fans.

It soars and sink, but it's good.

I’ll reply to you my rating after my viewing.

I hope those “not very good things “ doesn’t put weight the very good things.

If this film has done what I think it did then I can see why it would be hated.

Picking overall reactions from a single audience is pretty ludicrous.

For instance, I saw it as part of a TFA double feature. Pretty much guaranteed hardcore fans and such. Plus, we were primed by TFA, which is an acknowledged fanservicey crowd pleaser. 

And the audience absolutely loved TLJ. I mean they were ecstatic throughout. Lots of laughs. Lots of cheers. Multiple moments of applause.

If I was going to project from that that the response and WOM was going to be through the roof, I'd be wrong. Similarly, people who are saying that because their audience was muted doesn't mean that all or even most audiences will be.

What we're getting here is anecdotes. And the plural of anecdote is not data.

• Like 12

Just now, John Marston said:

No. Most thought TDKR would be the first 200m

opener 

I still remember Mojo's predict that TDKR would open to $215m. Even before Aurora I thought that was a bit silly especially since it wasn't in 3D like Avengers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Calling it now that TLJ won’t beat Jurassic World DOM if it opens to 200-210.

with 210 ow it needs 3.11x to get 653 dom. so i feel it'll get there easily if it makes it to 210 ow.

with 200 ow it needs 3.27x to get there which is not locked but well within reach (have not watched the film and am still thinking the ga's reaction will be decent/fair/good).

700 though is a different story with a 200-210 ow. more likely to miss it than hit it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

IMDB still stuck at 8.1 with 50k voters which is rather a polar opposite of Flixter right now.

I wouldn't call it polar opposite. TFA was closer to 9.0 on IMDB around this time of release. Ended up at 8.1 after two years. I would guess TLJ ends up around 7 on IMDB after two years. Average rating on RT from the audience is equal to 6.6/10.

Edited by redfirebird2008

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m still in awe The Avengers was the first movie to have a $200M OW. Did anyone see that coming?

hell no, that weekend was one of the most fun on here. Cocho's prediction going down opening day <3

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

hell no, that weekend was one of the most fun on here. Cocho's prediction going down opening day <3

Even after Avengers destroyed all expectations OW some were still thinking it was going to drop hard the next weekend and miss TDK. Then it didn't.

Honestly I don't know if the $200m OW or the $100m+ 2nd wknd was crazier.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1