CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

Not opining as to whether true or false, but this divulgence between critic score and audience score could further the conspiracy theory held by some that Disney has some sort of hold ($$) on critics. Are there examples of more stark contrasts between the two scores? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

This wont be a very frontloaded opener, Strong presales throughout all day Saturday into Sunday night. 

Guess it depends on your definition of frontloading.

Avengers = $18.7m midnight/$207.4m weekend = 9.0% of the weekend gross in preview money

Jurassic World = $18.5m previews/$208.8m weekend = 8.9% of the weekend gross in preview money

Last Jedi = $45m previews/$215m weekend = 20.9% of the weekend gross in preview money

Hard to avoid some frontloading when you have $45m on Thursday night. That is a huge number.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Normally I go to Mequon or Menomonee. I don’t really like Mayfair.

All of those are too far from me.  But I've never really been a fan of Mayfair either.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Guess it depends on your definition of frontloading.

Jurassic World = $18.5m midnight/$208.8m weekend = 8.9% of the weekend gross in preview money

Last Jedi = $45m previews/$215m weekend = 20.9% of the weekend gross in preview money

Hard to avoid some frontloading when you have $45m on Thursday night. That is a huge number.

I meant I dont see how people see sub 200 million with this preview number. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Think min opening day is 95+, seems to be the floor.

Its a busy night a local theaters. 

All showing tonight are full. 

Yeah, my theater has been sold out all day...even  3D, which is usually the last to go. Tomorrow has matinee sell outs too. I wish I could see it today, but it’ll be better if I wait to watch it after my trip home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RichWS said:

Two-letter acronym alert.

That's why I like using R1 in SW discussions. RebWGyw.png

Spoiler

Intentionally ironic post?  I'll let the judges decide. :ph34r:

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

lmao they need to chill.

Obviously need to chill, but it tend to show how terrible movie theater has become in general in presentation (specially in the digital world, what kind of .....)

I mean this is a full screening, why there will be literally not one staff making sure the presentation is correct and if it just 10 minutes why not restart and just remove than ads&trailers of the next one, cut on the generic of this presentation (could be wrong on this, but I would suspect they had a lot of time before the actual scroll of the next presentation will start)

Quality of controls of presentation in multiplex is terrible on those I go too they even often have the wrong screen aspect ratio curtains or not even use them...

Poor theater staff (or simply non-staff) is not helping the theatrical ticket decline.

11 minutes ago, Alli said:

What the hell happened to imdb? I can't order reviews by date added anymore. All i'm seeing for TLJ is same awful reviews. There must be good ones too. 

IMDB truly sucks these days.

You cant sort trivia by most helpful any more either, so there's a lot of boring stuff near the top.

• Like 1