CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think my favorite part of all of TFA's run was RTH giving us those first Monday numbers. Had an insane 50% gross increase over the previous Monday record and it wasn't even a Holiday. 

That was crazy, I think that Monday thread got more pages than what this one currently has.

29 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Shocker. Ghostbusters all over again. Except the writers/director/studio didn't insult the fans. It's not deserved.

Ghostbusters hate wasn’t deserved either.

Director didn’t insult the fans of ghostbusters. They insulted the man-babies. And rightly so. The writer is the director with Katie Dippold. She didn’t say anything about the fans.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, SpiritComix said:

Oh man, can't wait to see the episode IX opening weekend...

just kidding, haha

Will need Ragnarok-level of great previews to turn the tide around and increase over TLJ. Last movie in the Saga it may be but finale is no more a guarantee for an increase (Mockingjay 2, War for the Planet of the Apes, The Hobbit, POTC:AWE). 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think my favorite part of all of TFA's run was RTH giving us those first Monday numbers. Had an insane 50% gross increase over the previous Monday record and it wasn't even a Holiday. 

That entire first week was insane numbers. TLJ won't have those numbers due to this week not being the Christmas week unlike TFA whose second week was the Christmas week, I really doubt we will see a 33% drop on Monday after a 10% drop on Sunday this time.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

That was crazy, I think that Monday thread got more pages than what this one currently has.

For most of that week it actually looked like it was gonna perform like Avatar on a 250m OW. Was insanity. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That entire first week was insane numbers. TLJ won't have those numbers due to this week not being the Christmas week unlike TFA whose second week was the Christmas week, I really doubt we will see a 33% drop on Monday after a 10% drop on Sunday this time.

Not to mention dissatisfaction in the fanbase for TFA was practically non-existent upon release. 

5 hours ago, somebody85 said:

The Flixster rating for TLJ makes me sad because I know what it could mean. Good luck getting Disney to take any sort of chances again. That rating is an attack on the film from hardcore fans who are rating it a 1/2 star due to it not going the way they wanted. It's not like mother! where the film was falsely marketed or something like Batman V Superman or Suicide Squad where it was terribly edited.

"I only know one truth. Star Wars fans don't know what the hell they want."

I take offence to this.  I'm a Star Wars fan and I know exactly what I want and what I want is not what TLJ delivered.  

• Sad 2

I am drunk on handing out likes, BTW.

You! You get a like!

You! You do too.

oprah-free-car.gif

Eeeeeeeveerybody gets a like!!!!

*looks over shoulder*

*long pause*

*points at someone who he's not going to mention by name*

Except them.  They're not getting one. :ph34r:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I take offence to this.  I'm a Star Wars fan and I know exactly what I want and what I want is not what TLJ delivered.  

What you want isn’t important.  What’s important is what I want.

So I’ll let you know tomorrow if your opinion is valid.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Not bad early weekend estimates. Yeah Star Wars isn’t like its predecessor but look at Clones or Empire. They dropped from their predecessor. and looking at this Early 2018 slate, Jedi will benefit.

Ferdinand I never expected it to be a blockbuster but if it gets a $14-$16 million ow, I’m thinking a run like Night At The Museum 3. Next weekend should be interesting with Jumanji, Pitch Perfect 3, and the other fun stuff. 

Not bad....yep, one of the top five opening weekends of all time isn't too shabby.  :WHATanabe:

• Like 2