CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

1 minute ago, The Last Panda said:

BUT IT'S NOT A PLUS !!!  THIS MEANS THE MOVIE'S WOM IS OBVIOUSLY TOXIC AMOUNG THE GA, JUST LOOK AT THE AUDIENCE SCORE!!!1!

I think the last major live action blockbuster to get an A+ was The Avengers.

I know you're joking though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

The imdb score is not getting as hit bad as the flixter score.

I think Imdb actually had to add a rating weight in place so scores couldn't be driven down or up by trolls spamming ratings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

The imdb score is not getting as hit bad as the flixter score.

I haven’t seen the film yet but the IMDB score seems closer to what I pictured the actual score.

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

If WOM was actually mixed as that audience score indicates it would have gotten a B or B+. Even the prequels are all A-

Instead it got what TFA and RO got. 

seems like similar reaction to STID, where hardcore fans hated it and general audience liked it. Just the fanbase for SW is huge compared to ST.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

I haven’t seen the film yet but the IMDB score seems more realistic to the actual score.

The pissed off fans driving down the Flixster score will say Disney paid for Cinemascore and IMDB too. 

They can't drive down Fandango either. It's 4 1/2 stars there.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

seems like similar reaction to STID, where hardcore fans hated it and general audience liked it. Just the fanbase for SW is huge compared to ST.

Yeah, I believe it. I saw RT post an article for it's critics score earlier on Facebook and many comments started pointing to the audience score being more accurate to what people really think about the film. The usual critics paid off stuff.

I hate how nasty fan bases can be. Especially when it's a coordinated effort like this.

I heard Rian Johnson was receiving death threats too.

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Not A+

Ruined_forever.jpg

From the TV Tropes Ruined Forever entry for Live Action Films:

Every single Star Wars film, novel, game, or any product ever, except for The Empire Strikes Back (and the original, of course) is prone to this. While this sounds like an extreme exaggeration, if one could kindly direct oneself to any large Star Wars message board at the time of the release of a new installment, one would witness hordes of supposed fans screaming that Star Wars is ruined and that nothing can ever save it, generally leading to someone threatening to kill George Lucas- regardless of how much he was involved in the project. These same fans usually shut up after a while, if they don't leave the fandom entirely.

There's much more there, of course, but I quoted the main bit  My only quibble is that The Memory Cheats as ESB was controversial enough back in the day.  Some loved it, as seen by those letters linked earlier in the thread.  Others though?  Not as much. ;)

• Like 4

BTW, I'd like to make sure that folks know that the last couple of posts I made were NOT directed at people here who were disappointed with TLJ.  I fully realize that some folks here are very unhappy with the movie and I sympathize with you and I'm sorry you didn't like it.  I've been there and it sucks.

No, those last two posts were directed at the folks who are having a temper tantrum on the greater internet and throwing their toys out of the pram by bombing review sites and generally acting like spoiled children.

They deserve all the gentle mockery that is being sent their way, I reckon. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Yeah, I believe it. I saw RT post an article for it's critics score earlier on Facebook and many comments started pointing to the audience score being more accurate to what people really think about the film. The usual critics paid off stuff.

I hate how nasty fan bases can be. Especially when it's a coordinated effort like this.

I heard Rian Johnson was receiving death threats too.

i still thinks its overpraised, if Rian just gave the audience one payoff from TFA, reaction would be better, instead for better or worst Rian did his own thing

Edited by Ryan Reynolds

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

BTW, I'd like to make sure that folks know that the last couple of posts I made were NOT directed at people here who were disappointed with TLJ.  I fully realize that some folks here are very unhappy with the movie and I sympathize with you and I'm sorry you didn't like it.  I've been there and it sucks.

No, those last two posts were directed at the folks who are having a temper tantrum on the greater internet and throwing their toys out of the pram by bombing review sites and generally acting like spoiled children.

They deserve all the gentle mockery that is being sent their way, I reckon. 

many negative reviews from rt audience i read seemed poised as such. some were throwing their toys out of the pram but many seem relatively thoughtful in voicing their discontent. i think the overall multiplier will give a better idea. tfa was 3.8x, RO was 3.4x. even as a sequel i don't think this should go below 3.2x unless wom's somewhat fragile.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1