CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

Just now, Rorschach said:

What bone do the Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic users have to pick with this movie that everyone else doesn't? Are they attempting to pull a Ghostbusters? :lol:

There's post on the Deadline #s article saying 4Chan are actively targeting sites to bring down the grade and discussed doing this online.  I gather they not only hate the plot points but delusionally think the movie is some  PC threat to their male whiteness. :blink:

Note IMDB it's at 8.1 with 60k plus votes.  It's harder to drastically bring down an IMDB score without a lot of votes because they weight them in an attempt to fight spam votes and the voting pool is just so much larger.   The anti Armenian Holocaust deniers for The Promise certainly tried though with 42% of 1 votes - which had an affect but the avg was still 6.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

http://deadline.com/2017/12/the-last-jedi-star-wars-opening-box-office-records-1202228444/

Disney/Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi earned its third straight A CinemaScore for the franchise since the Burbank, CAstudio took ownership of the brand. Industry estimates project that Episode VIII directed by Rian Johnson will earn $100.4M tonight, easily the second best opening day after Force Awakens‘ $119M, and a three-day between $208M-$214M. It becomes wild to pinpoint for box office analysts, because when the grosses are this high, there’s little statistical evidence to support the projections. Some even think that Last Jedi can get to $220M. 

landscape-1490361806-delish-chocolate-sw

Sweet sweet delicious fudge! 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

What bone do the Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic users have to pick with this movie that IMDB and everyone else isn't doing? Are they attempting to pull a Ghostbusters or something? :lol:

Its harder to downvote on IMDB. Anyone who creates an account to rate a single movie 1/10 are heavily discounted in their rating system. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

There's post on the Deadline #s article saying 4Chan are actively targeting sites to bring down the grade and discussed doing this online.  I gather they not only hate the plot points but delusionally think the movie is some  PC threat to their male whiteness. :blink:

Yea there was some of that in the early pages of our very own spoiler thread too lol

5 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Yes. 4chan and reddit.

No it's a campaign by hardcore fans who hate Disney Star Wars and think they can end it this way. 

They can't even attack all the review sites.

Some of the younger audience does have a problem with it, but for every tweet bashing it on Twitter, there's 10 loving it or liking a tweet calling out Star Wars fans.

They know they can't end it, that's why they're acting out like this.

1 star reviews are rarely legitimate. No movie is perfect but very, very few have no merits whatsoever. There are legit negative and mixed reviews out there but most are in the 3-6 star range and explain their viewpoint without descending into ridiculous hyperbole.

On 15/12/2017 at 10:08 AM, DeeReyEgonnnnn said:

The Official DeeCee Projection is in.

USD210m

In Australia that's 25% down on day one of TFA.  I don't think the opening weekend internal multiplier will be as frontloaded as for TFA.

AUD7.02 x 3.01 (RO multiplier) gives an opening weekend in Australia of AUD21.76m.  Let's say AUD21.5m.

AUD21.5m x 9.1(TFA) = USD195.65m

AUD21.5 x 10.5(RO) = USD225.75m

Let's split the difference and say an opening weekend of USD210m with a margin of error of USD195-225m

I just thought I’d modestly mention this post I found on page 1. 

• Like 4
  • Disbelief 1

"Overall, audiences love Last Jedi (despite any cynical legacy fans) and critics too at 93% Rotten Tomatoes certified fresh, and that means the movie is from Disney."

That shade!

14 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Unless it s an A+ or a D, Cinemascores mean nothing.

Come on guys, we ve been trhough more than I can count.

Not usually, but in this case CS is more accurate than Flixster and Metacritic audience scores.

The other scores that are being polled aren't lining up with those two. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I need it to be 1.1m higher.:ph34r:

9 minutes ago, The Last AndyLL said:

I need it to be 11M higher  :gold:

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I need it $1m higher for my Winter Game but $8.4m lower for my Derby (and weekly WG)

I can give you 500k.

• Thanks 1