CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

Everyone might need to up their "Solo" predictions after this weekend.   The Branding of Star Wars is unbeatable at this point.   Plus "Solo" puts the Franchise Back in May for the first time since "Sith" and Infinity War would have been out for 3 weeks by then and it has Memorial Day.    I'm not saying it's going to make "Episode" numbers but I think it's going to do good this summer.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ReyReyBattery said:

Gotta take the highs with the lows.

Isn't this the truth? I heard the $45M+ preview estimate and was really happy, excited even, but that's because I honestly thought oh amazing, ok, so that's probably the floor but I bet it goes higher, like $47-48M anyway. Then I read that it could be $50M+. So when I heard oh wait it was just $45M on the dot after all, I'll be honest that was a low as a fan and box office enthusiast. 

Then Friday night, I'm thinking brace myself for $95M or $98M probably at most, but maybe there's some small change of $100M and Rth had said that, so I was thinking ok don't be disappointed if it's $99.1M or something like that. Still stellar. Then $105M almost, which is insane, and it's been all high from there.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Just noticed the Coco Friday jump is pretty underwhelming compare to Moana, Frozen, and Tangled. I guess maybe that was to be expected against a 200+ opener and new animated competition.

Everyday friday jump for Coco has been underwhelming so far, i'm not surprised at all

Probably will have a better sunday drop than Moana / Frozen / Tangled and recovery next week

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

Everyone might need to up their "Solo" predictions after this weekend.   The Branding of Star Wars is unbeatable at this point.   Plus "Solo" puts the Franchise Back in May for the first time since "Sith" and Infinity War would have been out for 3 weeks by then and it has Memorial Day.    I'm not saying it's going to make "Episode" numbers but I think it's going to do good this summer.  

I’m so freaking curious about Solo now. This weekend did it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

Especially if it includes characters like Boba Fett and Darth Vader. Still think it moves from that May date.

33 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The film is clearly divisive. Whether or not its "controversial" is maybe debatable for the moment, but this is not going to be like TFA's echo chamber audience reception. 

Again, please provide any actual statistical evidence that it is "clearly" divisive.  

I have plenty of actual data that it isn't clearly divisive (box office, critics reviews, critics aggregate, ComScore data, Cinemascore grade).  

Not going to let this slide from anyone unless you can submit something to back these claims up that isn't anecdotal.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Again, please provide any actual statistical evidence that it is "clearly" divisive.  

I have plenty of actual data that it isn't clearly divisive (box office, critics reviews, critics aggregate, ComScore data, Cinemascore grade).  

Not going to let this slide from anyone unless you can submit something to back these claims up that isn't anecdotal.  

HE WILL FUCK YOU UP RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Watching AOTC on TNT is making me realize how much I need a McGregor Kenobi spin-off ASAP. I’d take it over Solo any day.

Me too, a young Yoda one would be killer as well. I'm hoping the new trilogy is about Yoda or even better, The Old Republic times.

• Like 1