FlashMaster659

Monday #s - TLJ 21.6M

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Not bad. Discount Tuesday is crazy this year, moreso than past years. Plus we can expect very strong numbers on Wednesday-Friday as the holidays kick in. 

Just seems harsh even compared to RO. Kind of crazy too to consider it’s already down to just half of what TFA grossed on its first Monday. Of course I know that was a week later. If it were to just gross half of TFA after OW though, it would only finish with $560m. Won’t happen, but I’m not sure 700 will either. This weekend will be telling. 

Edited by MovieMan89

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

TFA's second Monday grossed $31m. Now that one is mindblowing, especially if TLJ's first Monday goes under $25m. :o

TLJ's second Monday could come close to that, if only because of how the holidays fall this year.

• Like 1

Just now, hw64 said:

TLJ's second Monday could come close to that, if only because of how the holidays fall this year.

I would think it goes over $31m since it's Christmas Day. Rogue One hit $32m on second Monday last year, which was the 26th and observed by a lot of companies as Christmas holiday for their employees. This year the 25th itself is Monday. Could hit $35m or higher perhaps. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Just seems harsh even compared to RO. Kind of crazy too to consider it’s already down to just half of what TFA grossed on its first Monday. Of course I know that was a week later. If it were to just gross half of TFA after OW though, it would only finish with $560m. Won’t happen, but I’m not sure 700 will either. This weekend will be telling. 

560 could be the range it may fall.

• Disbelief 1

At worst, if it just edges $20M, it's a 61% drop...if it's higher, it's better...

As we've said for a lot of movies, 1st Monday and Tuesday don't really tell us too much...so I wouldn't melt down or get elated on any number for legs (unless it was a sub-20% drop or an over-80% one:)...

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I would think it goes over $31m since it's Christmas Day. Rogue One hit $32m on second Monday last year, which was the 26th and observed by a lot of companies as Christmas holiday for their employees. This year the 25th itself is Monday. Could hit $35m or higher perhaps. 

Oh yeah you're right, it is Christmas Day. It's very likely to be over $31m then. But in general, I think TLJ's second week weekdays could fall very close to TFA's second week weekdays.

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

20M on a wwweekeday isn't  bad for anything ever

Star wars is such a special property, because except for maybe 40-45 movie a year, 20M is a average to extremely good first weekend including the Thursday preview, that it would be doing in one non holiday weekdays alone and could feel underwhelming....

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/days/nonholiday.htm

4 movie did 20m non-holidays mondays (Awaken 2 times) and for the really big star wars number on that list, was not an holiday but so close to Christmas/New year's if that they almost were.

On a different Monday point, I'd expect unexpectedly good holds for all holdovers (except maybe limiteds) today...animated since 31% schools are out, and 31% is 31%...and holdovers b/c many (like JL, DH2, and The Star at my locals) were reduced to one showing per weekend day for TLJ, but have now gotten full screens back today...5 showings vs 1 is just a huge possible BO bump...

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Star wars is such a special property, because except for maybe 40-45 movie a year, 20M is a average to extremely good first weekend including the Thursday preview, that it would be doing in one non holiday weekdays alone and could feel underwhelming....

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/days/nonholiday.htm

4 movie did 20m non-holidays mondays (Awaken 2 times) and for the really big star wars number on that list, was not an holiday but so close to Christmas/New year's if that they almost were.

One small point. This Monday does have some holiday boost or we would be looking at a drop over 70% like last Monday. 

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2017-12-11&p=.htm

• Like 2