FlashMaster659

Monday #s - TLJ 21.6M

6 minutes ago, The Last AndyLL said:

Good news for you.  Christmas in on the 2nd Friday which means kids will be out of school that 1st week.

Not bad, Avatar made the same in the second week anyway.

Edited by IronJimbo

16 minutes ago, Caladbolg said:

Think the same where I am at. I was actually surprised Monday when I drove through  town and saw that schools were still in, I figured Friday was the last day.

TLJ has a fine Monday. Going by the way 2006 played out with it's 3 new openers on the 15th, the better holds will happen later. I would  say starting Wednesday but how big discount Tuesday is vs 2006 could throw a slight wrench in that.  But next week, TLJ should be posting increases over this week, thus huge numbers.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2006-12-20&track=pursuitofhappyness.htm

The new openers from Friday 15th were Eragon, Charlotte's Web, and Pursuit of Happyness.  Things have changed since 2006 but there are some trends we can still use now.

Agree. Would still like to point out that Pursuit Of Happpyness did 6.16x multi and was already at 3.93x multi by New Years weekend! So we should not be surprised if SW8 lags behind in daily drops (on some days even by a big margin) compared to that movie (except for Disc Tue/Wed dynamics).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hw64 said:

Average ticket price in 2009: £5.44

Average ticket price for Avatar: £5.69

That's not "under the average", it's over. You clearly misread.

Sorry, I meant to write "under 5% above the average." Semantics aside, my point still stands though.

22 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I'm surprised with such a big movie we don't have a Tuesday numbers thread yet. Forget Asgard, none of the other outlets like Deadline, Hollywood Reporter, Forbes etc. Have any updates at all.

Maybe staff started to leave for the Holidays by now.

• Like 1

Mhm, that's not particularly good. I mean, TFA dropped on Tuesday, and Rogue One went down a tiny bit as well, but still, a slight increase for Tuesday would have been better.

It's not completely out of line of what happened in the past, but that was without discount Tuesday being what it is today.