baumer

Tuesday#s TLJ 20.25M

1 hour ago, langer said:

Sorry,  but 3,2X multi in December would not be "a hell of a nice performance overall".  It would be on the very low end of mid December friday multipliers. 

TLJ is a very divisive movie and it's going to experience legs accordingly. 

I agree - 3.2x is gonna put this in the "mixed" WOM category for me...I mean 2.99x should be considered an awful WOM number, just b/c you get 1.0x more just for the holiday...and if you believe the Cinescore rating, it should be an average of what, 3.5x, based on its grade?...

I mean, most sequels decrease 10-20% even if they are good (although major actor deaths have skewed this number highly for Fast and Bats) - at 20%, that decrease number is $750M BO for this movie...that's where "good" should land, IMHO...anything less, and it's not good WOM...

2 hours ago, CenterMeOnSam said:

I mean, again, I am new to this, but could the 6% drop be the result of an inflated Monday? And this is just a bit of course correction?

Yes and calendar.

And people here know that.  And with xmas eve next Sunday the weekend will seem to be lower then it should and we'll hear the same thing.

This should still do a 3.5 multiplier.  We won't know until next week.

22 minutes ago, The Last AndyLL said:

Yes and calendar.

And people here know that.  And with xmas eve next Sunday the weekend will seem to be lower then it should and we'll hear the same thing.

This should still do a 3.5 multiplier.  We won't know until next week.

Needs to outgross Rogue One by 50% every day to reach a 3.5 multiplier. That seems difficult to me, but we'll see how it goes.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Needs to outgross Rogue One by 50% every day to reach a 3.5 multiplier. That seems difficult to me, but we'll see how it goes.

Difficult sounds night impossible, but I guess we need to wait till next week. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, narniadis said:

So with full numbers for the day in I can say that I have no explanation for the full 6% drop. 1 or 2 would have been norm and maybe ultimately it is ok just seems weird. 

Hmmm, surely there's a simple explanation we could use, can't think of it myself though.

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Anecdotal obviously, but I’m starting to hear from a lot of friends/family who just didn’t care much for it. And I’m talking about from some of the type that are very easily pleased when it comes to these kinds of movies.

And my parents, who disliked TFA and Rogue One loved it and want to see it again.

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Shouldn't that work in favor of the argument of WOM not being great then, since those other two did have good WOM with the GA but not your parents. Lol.

:hahaha:

Like you said, its all anecdotical. None of our personal opinions or the opinions of our friends/familys or of random people on twitter are any indication how good the WOM actually is. Only the numbers will tell in the weeks ahead.