baumer

Tuesday#s TLJ 20.25M

3 hours ago, George Parr said:

Not necessarily. Neither TFA nor Rogue One got a boost, dropping 7% and 0.1% each.

TFA dropping on tuesdays is simply because the demand for it was so huge that there was no benefit of having it play for less cost on a Tuesday.  If 4 million people a day are going to see it, regardless of the day, if you charge less for tifckets on one of those days, then the dollar gross is going to be lower.

That is not the case for TLJ.

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about WOM yet. We won't get a good grasp until next week.

I'm not worried,but can you explain this number?

12 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

TFA dropping on tuesdays is simply because the demand for it was so huge that there was no benefit of having it play for less cost on a Tuesday.  If 4 million people a day are going to see it, regardless of the day, if you charge less for tifckets on one of those days, then the dollar gross is going to be lower.

That is not the case for TLJ.

This might be the case on a smaller level. You do have to have more tickets sold to overcome the difference in price admission. The evening shows are pretty much booked at full capacity whether it’s Monday or Thursday, so the extra tickets have to come from an earlier time in the day OR the theater has to book more showings.Theyll be less likely to do that during the week I feel. It should have been closer to Rogue One vs TFA I would say % wise, but as long as it’s not something like -10%, it gets a pass for now

• Like 1

About what I expected. Didn't someone mention AMC theater chains aren't doing discount Tuesdays as of this week? If that's true, that would account for it. Regardless, seems about right to me.

Far too early to put this on WOM. Though, I will say that the WOM for this one seems much more on par or less below that of Rogue One. And, well, Rogue One had pretty fine legs and did especially well in its second week.

• Like 1

I think the only area that makes the flat business on Tuesday appear note worthy is the Monday drop matched the series low of 58%. TFA only dropped 33.8% while Rogue One dropped 53.3%. While Rogue One was closer on the Monday drop, that translated to a near even performance for Tuesday only dropping 0.1%. So there are some distinctions for TLJ. 

3 minutes ago, Eastwood47 said:

I think the only area that makes the flat business on Tuesday appear note worthy is the Monday drop matched the series low of 58%. TFA only dropped 33.8% while Rogue One dropped 53.3%. While Rogue One was closer on the Monday drop, that translated to a near even performance for Tuesday only dropping 0.1%. So there are some distinctions for TLJ. 

That isn't really something out of the ordinary though, it's just how the schedule works.

Last year, movies mostly dropped in the high 40s, with some in the low 50s, lining right up with what happened in 2011, when the schedule was the same.

The year before, movies dropped mostly in the 30% range, with some in the 20s and a few in the low 40s, just like in 2009, when the schedule was the same.

This year, movies behaved just like they did in 2006. The top 7 of this year dropped 58, 71, 66, 44, 62, 46 and 61%, back then they dropped 59, 69, 58, 50, 64, 65 and 58%.

• Thanks 1