YM!

Wednesday #s: TLJ 16.9M, Jumanji 7.2M, Greatest Snowman 2.45M

There are some who believe the Jake Kasdan-directed sequel could hit $9M, but what we’re working against today is that there aren’t as many kids off from school as last year when Universal/Illumination’s Sing made $11M on its first Wednesday and a five-day of $55.9M and six-day of $75.5M. Per ComScore, only 17% K-12 schools are off (Jumanji‘s ideal demo in the elementary school and middle school grades) versus last year’s 38%. Christmas day Monday is when the real action begins, so six day estimates are rough. Christmas Eve on a Sunday puts a real sinker into the three-day figures. Industry is now thinking low $50Ms for Jumanji by end of Christmas day. Dec. 8 sneaks for Jumanji for Amazon Prime members grossed $2M on Dec. 8 and that cash will be rolled into its total cume.

@WrathOfHan

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

Just now, The Last Panda said:

The Last Jedi is going to crash down to 5m by Friday!  That'll show Rian Johnson and Disney for messing with my Star Wars!

I legitimately don't understand how fans can be so angry at a Star Wars movie.

If it's a series I like, I'd be grateful for any sequel that comes my way.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Last Jedi drops harder than Rogue One but not badly compared to other Wednesday drops

Unless I'm mistaken, it's a softer drop than Rogue One. A $17.5M Wednesday represents a 13.6% drop for The Last Jedi, compared to Rogue One's 14.9% drop on its same Wednesday.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Unless I'm mistaken, it's a softer drop than Rogue One. A $17.5M Wednesday represents a 13.6% drop for The Last Jedi, compared to Rogue One's 14.9% drop on its same Wednesday.

Peace,

Mike

Was just going to say this. I'm starting to use RO's box office behaviour as a barometer instead of hoping that TLJ will perform differently due to being a saga film (even though it has actually dropped worse than RO on both Monday and Tuesday). 

If that $17.5M number holds, it will be right in line with TO and perhaps an indication that jumps will start to be even better to compensate for the bigger Monday and Tuesday drops.

Edited by JB33

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

I legitimately don't understand how fans can be so angry at a Star Wars movie.

If it's a series I like, I'd be grateful for any sequel that comes my way.

I read comments like "This movie ruined my childhood!" or "F*ck you Rian Johnson, you made a SW worse than AOTC!" or "Its the worst movie evaaarrrrr!!"

and i laugh :hahaha:these people need to grow up.

• Like 6