YM!

Wednesday #s: TLJ 16.9M, Jumanji 7.2M, Greatest Snowman 2.45M

21 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Fuck that problem on our till is really hurting Jumanji for the late show. Won't even reach 9M, probably closer to 8.2-8.4M here for tonight

Are you telling me that at your theater it is...

Wait for it...

crumbling.jpg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

TLJ will probably be 16.5m with these openers and mixed wom. Lucasfilm will soon announce Kasdan coming back to co-write Episode IX.

I hesitate to use the word 'never' but... Kasdan is never writing another SW film again.

Just now, JB33 said:

I guess it depends on how SOLO turns out.

Nah, he's said doesn't want to write more SW films.  Only did Solo because he loves the character AND he wanted a chance to write a film with his son.

1 hour ago, Noodlebug said:

Does anyone think this is shaping up to be the modern day TPM in terms of reception?

ESB is more likely.

People will analyze TLJ to death and come to appreciate some of the underlying themes much better.

LucasFilm isn't waiting around. They just stomped the fanbase and said "ketchup"

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Nah, he's said doesn't want to write more SW films.  Only did Solo because he loves the character AND he wanted a chance to write a film with his son.

Hmm, didn't know that. Good for him that he got that opportunity though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

I don't know if it all came together for me in the end. But I'm still digesting it. And the lead girl gives the best performance in the movie, not DDL. 

I loved it but I’ve had like 2 weeks to digest it now and yes Krieps is phenomenal. It’s certainly a very beautiful movie like every aspect of its design is stellar. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

ESB is more likely.

People will analyze TLJ to death and come to appreciate some of the underlying themes much better.

LucasFilm isn't waiting around. They just stomped the fanbase and said "ketchup"

they did some good stuff, but execution was sloppy, and some of that comedy with Luke on island was just bad or just plain insulting

I'm sure there will be a great fan edit

Edited by Ryan Reynolds
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Anyone else wondering if All the Money in the World (despite all the press and last-second move to replace Spacey) will flatline?

I'm curious about that myself. Reviews are good, but I think it could get lost in the Christmas shuffle. I don't think the controversy and last minute casting change will really help it all that much. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

Just now, B D Joe said:

I expect Last Jedi will be better appreciated in the future, but not to Empire Strikes Back levels.  Empire Strikes Back is almost universally considered the best Star Wars movie.

Almost universally. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1