YM!

Wednesday #s: TLJ 16.9M, Jumanji 7.2M, Greatest Snowman 2.45M

42 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

1st viewing of TLJ:  REally disliked it:  5/10

2nd viewing:  Liked it much more:  8/10

3rd viewing:  Didn't hate it as much as the first or like it as much as I wanted to in the second.  Still have problems with pace, flow and writing and some of the character arcs.  6.5 or 7 out of 10

That's a pretty fast opinion change. I mean, from 5/10 to 6/10 is understandable as it's growing on you, but from a first viewing 5/10 (I dont like it) to a second viewing 8/10 (Hey that's really good I really like it), that's a bit too fast.

Do you think you have this fast-changing mind also on other stuff like songs or food, or it's just a movie thing.

Edited by vc2002

Oh, eserved seating report from earlier tonigh

16 screener         16 screener       13 screens     20 screens        16 screens

Jumanji - 7:40pm - 73      7:20 - 93            7:55 - 76      7:20 - 124         8:00 - 77

Jumanji                           10:15 - 36                                                       10:00 - 96

Showman                         7:45 - 66           7:05 - 31        7:10 - 71          8:00 - 16

Showman                                                  9:50 - 13       7:30 - 40        

9:50 - 41 and 10:15 - 4

Star Wars - 7:15 - 135     7:00 - 109          7:15 - 107     7:30 - 90         7:30 - 86

7:45 - 125                               7:50 - 132      8:00 - 72        

9:45 - 83                                                     10:00 - 18        9:45 - 77

10:15 - 19     10:00 -                                                        10:15 - 44

Coco        - 7:50 - 8          7:50 - 5               7:30 - 21

10:20 - 12

Ferdinand  - 7:35 - 11       7:05 - 10          7:00 - 15        7:20 - 10

9:50 - 6

Disaster - 10pm - 15        10:15 -           7:40 -18

10:20 - 8

Justice -                             7:15 -             7:35 - 6             7:25 - 10          7:20 - 7

10:20 - 10        10:10 - 2

Thor -    7:20pm - 10                                                         7:10 - 12           7:20 - 7

Lady Bird - 7:10 - 17                                                          8:05 - 2

Wonder    - 7:05 -                                                           7:40 - 10

BMC - 7:35 - 6

DH2 - 7:45 - 5

Edited by Matrix4You

16 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

That's a pretty fast opinion change. I mean, from 5/10 to 6/10 is understandable as it's growing on you, but from a first viewing 5/10 (I dont like it) to a second viewing 8/10 (Hey that's really good I really like it), that's a bit too fast.

Do you think you have this fast-changing mind also on other stuff like songs or food, or it's just a movie thing.

Lol it amazes me at the turnaround with films.  I watched Pirates 5 over and over again ON Demand until I started to enjoy it.  The same thing happened with OST and now it is one of my favorites

Edited by Matrix4You
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

Lol it amazes me at the turnaround with films.  I watched Pirates 5 over and over again ON Demand until I started to enjoy it.  The same thing happened with OST and now it is one of my favorites

That honestly sounds like the premise of a horror movie to me.

Being subjected to Pirates 5 over and over again. Oof.

12 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

This is one of the strangest posts I've ever read on this forum. :lol:

"I really disliked this film so I kept watching it so I can finally enjoy it"

If anything that would be a turnoff for me lol. 

I do remember hating The Thing as a kid and thought it was a bad film and scary (kid logic), as an adult its one of my favorite films. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

What exactly makes it a bit too fast?

There is nothing about a movie that says a change of opinion has to be gradual. There can be plenty of reasons why the first viewing differs a ton from the second one. Expectations before the release for one, or being able to process things better the second time around because you already know what to expect.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, George Parr said:

What exactly makes it a bit too fast?

There is nothing about a movie that says a change of opinion has to be gradual. There can be plenty of reasons why the first viewing differs a ton from the second one. Expectations before the release for one, or being able to process things better the second time around because you already know what to expect.

Yeah expectations could be a major factor. But to form an opinion I think it requires a certain level of objectiveness, such as to decide whether I should see it as a stand-alone product, or one that should satisfy my pre-expectation. But then again opinion IS subjective, so I guess it's the way of how we look at films.

Edited by vc2002

I changed my mind in the second viewing because I picked up on a lot more. There were some very subtle blink and you'll miss it scenes. And then some of the stuff made a bit more sense, hence the grade jump.

By the time I was done the third it went down the middle.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Pirates 5 is pretty damn solid.

I think it was likely the third best one.

Which is not hard as AWE and Pirates 4 are a mess.

The film did really well at the box office doing near 800 million. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Pirates 5 is pretty damn solid.

Apart from a few scenes where Pirates 3 soars and how Gore handles scale of the movie, overall I prefer 5.

potc2

potc1

potc5

potc3

kick in the balls

potc4

• Like 1