YM!

Wednesday #s: TLJ 16.9M, Jumanji 7.2M, Greatest Snowman 2.45M

15 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Can someone please tell me how Avatar beat Half-Blood Prince in cinematography at the Oscars?

I dont know. HBP is a god damn gorgeous movie.

Spoiler

Avatar only in 3D :ph34r: and even then, HBP looks better

2 hours ago, Darth Boh-ne'er said:

How are you even making this comparison?  You are joking right?

Er...No?

You're acting like Star Wars is the first movie that gets different reviews from critics and audiences. It's not gonna be the last, either.

Just relax. Peace and love always. :)

31 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Er...No?

You're acting like Star Wars is the first movie that gets different reviews from critics and audiences. It's not gonna be the last, either.

Just relax. Peace and love always. :)

I'm relaxed.  I was just wondered why you were comparing audience scores for a movie that came out in 1999 to a movie that came out a week ago. 

In general, those scores have had time to breathe and reflect on how people really feel about it.  I don't know when the audience score was added to RT, but since Boondock Saints came out before RT was the site as we know it today, it has benefited from that the minute it was added.  

In a few years, I doubt the audience score for TLJ will still be this low.  That is all I am saying.

I have not seen Last Jedi Yet,so have no opinion about how good a movie it is, but anybody talking about how it is bombing at the box office is,frankly, being ridiculous.I wish more people here would separate their own opinions of a movie from how it is doing at the box office.

TLJ will makes lots of money for The Mouse, and the Mouse will continue to make SW films.

3 minutes ago, Darth Boh-ne'er said:

I'm relaxed.  I was just wondered why you were comparing audience scores for a movie that came out in 1999 to a movie that came out a week ago. 

In general, those scores have had time to breathe and reflect on how people really feel about it.  I don't know when the audience score was added to RT, but since Boondock Saints came out before RT was the site as we know it today, it has benefited from that the minute it was added.  

In a few years, I doubt the audience score for TLJ will still be this low.  That is all I am saying.

I was just saying Star Wars is not the first movie where both critics and audiences get split.

My point is that we can't imagine it's some kind of conspiracy to damage Star Wars, when the same split has happened before. In fact, there are more than 50 movies where both audiences and critics got split.

This is the point of my post. Nothing more, nothing less. 

9 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I was just saying Star Wars is not the first movie where both critics and audiences get split.

My point is that we can't imagine it's some kind of conspiracy to damage Star Wars, when the same split has happened before. In fact, there are more than 50 movies where both audiences and critics got split.

This is the point of my post. Nothing more, nothing less. 

That's fair and I'm never going to say that word of mouth isn't divisive, because it clearly is.  

However, I do maintain that there is more at work with the RT audience score, and I'm not the only one that thinks this.  Part of that is just how fast this score tanked.  I've never once tracked the user score because it's never really "mattered."  But like IMBD, I've always imagined it's something that take more than 24 hours to really settle in to where it's going to be.

The audience score for TLJ was below 60% by noon on Friday.  NOON!  That doesn't strike you as a bit odd that it dropped that far, that fast?

9 minutes ago, Darth Boh-ne'er said:

That's fair and I'm never going to say that word of mouth isn't divisive, because it clearly is.  

However, I do maintain that there is more at work with the RT audience score, and I'm not the only one that thinks this.  Part of that is just how fast this score tanked.  I've never once tracked the user score because it's never really "mattered."  But like IMBD, I've always imagined it's something that take more than 24 hours to really settle in to where it's going to be.

The audience score for TLJ was below 60% by noon on Friday.  NOON!  That doesn't strike you as a bit odd that it dropped that far, that fast?

I have no idea. Perhaps there were more users that got disappointed and they did rush to give their view on the movie.

I know I made an account just to talk about the movie on RT. I gave 3 out of 5 stars, which would be a 6/10 movie in my view. Star Wars is a huge brand, so this movie was always meant to get more comments and a louder reaction from the public. 

Why didn't this RT problem happen to previous Star Wars movies or Marvel movies or DC movies? While I agree that people are being way too harsh with this movie ( this movie is at worst a 5/10 movie, and not a 1, 2 or 3/10 movie in my view ), I really think many people got disappointed with it. Perhaps emotion might also be playing a part. We'll never know.

8 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I have no idea. Perhaps there were more users that got disappointed and they did rush to give their view on the movie.

I know I made an account just to talk about the movie on RT. I gave 3 out of 5 stars, which would be a 6/10 movie in my view. Star Wars is a huge brand, so this movie was always meant to get more comments and a louder reaction from the public. 

Why didn't this RT problem happen to previous Star Wars movies or Marvel movies or DC movies? While I agree that people are being way too harsh with this movie ( this movie is at worst a 5/10 movie, and not a 1, 2 or 3/10 movie in my view ), I really think many people got disappointed with it. Perhaps emotion might also be playing a part. We'll never know.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/12/20/the-curious-case-of-the-last-jedi-and-its-rotten-tomatoes-audience-score

This is also worth a read.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SpiritComix said:

I liked the movie. But that's weird...

Mark disliked Lukes storyline in ESB as well. There are numerous examples where actors disagreed with the writer/director/producer.

26 minutes ago, Darth Boh-ne'er said:

I read that article, but I also read the article from Forbes saying the score is normal. 

While there are trolls that would obviously downvote this movie, I for sure don't believe the " bot conspiracy creating 10000 accounts to troll Star Wars". In fact, a bot would be able to destory the hell out this movie if they had been serious about it.

It's a divisive movie, no matter how low is the audience score. 

I didn't love the movie, but I didn't hate it, either. I would give it a 3/5 which would translate to a 6/10. If you go to the average audience score on RT, it's at 3.2/5. This is basically a little more than 6/10. I think it's exactly what it should be.