That One Girl

Overboard | May 4, 2018 | Lionsgate | Anna Faris, Eugenio Derbez

39 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

when will anna realize bangs look terrible on her? and those lip fillers are grotesque. she used to be gorgeous during the hot chick-scary movie 3-lost in translation days.

anyway, i dont think this will go wide so i wont predict

Seems like all of your posts tend to be of the "WhatOutrageousThingsAbout ActorsLooksCanISayAndStillGetAwayWithIt" variety...

31 minutes ago, dudalb said:

When they remake a comedy that was not all the funny to begin with, remakes have really gotten out of hand.

I enjoyed the original very much; I think it was hilarious. The chemistry between Hawn and Russell, the scene-stealing turns from Edward Herrmann and Katherine Helmond, the crazy stuff that Russell makes Hawn do, etc. Heck, the film even makes me cry (just a little) towards the end. It's one of those films that makes me stop whatever I'm doing if it happens to come up on TV while channel surfing.

1 hour ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Outside of Scary Movie and her supporting role in Brokeback Mountain, Anna Farris isn’t box office material. The House Bunny did okay. But this is something that smells modest or break-even hit at best honestly.

The male lead is a very very big deal too (in that movie budget range), that make a solid base for a movie like that.

He made 100m with this small 5m non studio movie recently:

62m with how to be a latin lover....

It does sound like a very safe movie, that could turn a profit from the Mexican market alone.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2