grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

There are no horrible numbers for this movie. Worst case scenario it still goes over $660m. 

Yeah, the fact that worst case is still #3 All-Time DOM is really not worth being called terrible.

6 minutes ago, The Last Panda said:

Yeah, the fact that worst case is still #3 All-Time DOM is really not worth being called terrible.

You have to make the distinction like folks have finally done on BvS...For BvS, it is...

Amazing OW, great overall BO, awful WOM and legs - definite unfavorable effects on the sequels

TLJ is still TBD on the 3rd part...it's unlikely to fall into a BvS category, but there's room above it to still not be good...

Edited by TwoMisfits

6 minutes ago, The Last Panda said:

Granted maybe I am being a little optimistic with that worst case scenario. Needs to run about 18% ahead of Rogue One to reach $660m. It was 8% ahead Friday.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

There are no horrible numbers for this movie. Worst case scenario it still goes over $660m. 

It's all relative of course....but with the massive opening weekend, if it gets less than a 3X, that's not good.

I want it to do well, even with my resevrations about it, but the numbers have been very discouraging thus far.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

But it's Star Wars... they could release a fan movie with no budget and it would make 500m.

Let’s all take a moment to remember the animated movie... proof that just not any Star Wars thing will sell.

• Like 1