grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

They are a takeover target for the likes of Disney or WB. Paramount has some very popular movies on home video like Godfather 1/2, Titanic, Ferris Bueller, Grease, etc. But their new product is garbage. 

Yeah, they never recovered from the 1-2 punch of losing Marvel and then DWA in successive years. Add to the Lucasfilm sale which cost them Indy and voila you don't have much left besides their Hasbro "broken" machine.

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

They are a takeover target for the likes of Disney or WB. Paramount has some very popular movies on home video like Godfather 1/2, Titanic, Ferris Bueller, Grease, etc. But their new product is garbage. 

Paramount is still desperately trying to survive. They finally started that Hasbro cinematic universe.

• Haha 1

JUMANJI

19 CD Mon; cume 72

20 (+5%) Tue

15 (-25%) Wed

14 (-7%) Thu

17 (+21.4%) Fri

18 (+5.9%) Sat

12 (-33.3%) Sun

14 (+26.7%) Mon // 58 4-day

= 110 + 72 = 182 cume

If it adds 1.5x the 4-day to it's cume (RO added 1.38x the 66 4-day to it's cume. RO and J are not similar but the dailies will be close.)

182 + 87 = 269 dom

I think 250+ looks safe while 300 cannot be ruled out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

Yeah, they never recovered from the 1-2 punch of losing Marvel and then DWA in successive years. Add to the Lucasfilm sale which cost them Indy and voila you don't have much left besides their Hasbro "broken" machine.

It’s sad to watch knowing how many classic movies they have in the vault. Their logo might be my favorite of all the movie studios. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Yeah. Surprised it wasn’t the first major six studios to be bought.

They could’ve prevented DWA though by renewing the 2012 deal but they got cocky with Rango.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I think there is still some power left in the TF brand. I don't think Disney will buy it, but WB would likely reinforce that brand.

4 minutes ago, narniadis said:

This post would say you are anything but over it.

Also last Monday the Calendar did actually reflect the week - the rest of the week then fell apart and didn't behave like 2006. I mean you were the one blatantly ignoring the fact that the % of schools out (which did mess with the Monday drop / totals) was different from both Rouge 1 and TFA. Obviously it didn't play out like some of us (myself included) thought it might / could based on history but don't start revising things to make yourself look better lol.

Yeah but 20m though? Wasn't it only a 40% diffrence in k12 school attendence.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

It’s sad to watch knowing how many classic movies they have in the vault. Their logo might be my favorite of all the movie studios. 

Yup, I grew up watching John Wayne films at my grandparents and always loved the G+W / Paramount logo - lots of favorite films have it as well. Shame since it is one of the old stalwarts but eventually all good things end right?

1 minute ago, James said:

I think there is still some power left in the TF brand. I don't think Disney will buy it, but WB would likely reinforce that brand.

Nolan is a Transformers fanboy. WB might be able to convince him to reboot it. 

I say no thanks! Prefer watching him do original projects. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Dont worry. I'm sure that Micro Machines or whatever movie will deliver for them 

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Yeah but 20m though? Wasn't it only a 40% diffrence in k12 school attendence.

Lower Sunday to begin with and then less than 20% of schools out in comparison to 80%(ish from memory) for TFA - huge difference. Again, the Monday was fine, it was the rest of the week that was terrible. And I don't intend on re-litigating it since the threads are there to re-read.

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Nolan is a Transformers fanboy. WB might be able to convince him to reboot it. 

I say no thanks! Prefer watching him do original projects. 

That would certainly be interesting. Sci Fi is definitely Nolan's power house.